Chapter 26

A brief vibration from Haechan's phone notifies him of an incoming text message. The three stood there as Haechan unlocks his phone. It was a message from an unknown number.

"Did you give Chan my number?" Haechan asks the younger without looking up from it. Felix shuffles over to his side so that he has a better view over the other's shoulder of the phone.

"No, he must have asked Ji for it." Haechan nods as he reads the text informing him that they were just about at the house and for Haechan to be ready to come outside for Jisung.

A soft, interrupting cough turns their attention to the oldest in the room. Haechan forms a sheepish grin on his face as he looks up at Taeyong. Before he can explain himself, another text comes in.

"Hold that thought real quick," he says, while scrambling to the front door of the house.

Out front, Jisung strides up to the front door, unaware of the eyes on him. He almost seemed upset with his demeanor portraying a downcast feeling. Chan didn't seem to want to stay as there was no trace of him anywhere.

Finally, as he gets closer to the group, he looks up. His prior disposition changes immediately into one of relief after seeing his brother in front of him.

"Lix," he sighs. Felix brushes past Haechan and quickly pulls his brother into a tight hug. All of the emotion from earlier in the night returns, seeping into the hug.

"Haechannie," a soft voice from the oldest pulls him out of his thoughts. He looks behind him to find Taeyong giving him a look of concern. "Can we talk after they come in?" He simply sends the older a nod before glancing back at the brothers.

It wasn't like he was trying to just let anyone into their home, but these two were important to him. He needs to keep supers safe. Besides, they were his friends and he didn't want to abandon his friends.

He shows the two where the bathroom was and the bedroom they would be staying in. It was Haechan's originally, but he figured the two could borrow his room and he could steal Mark's room. The older wouldn't mind it, Haechan could assure. He was always sneaking to his room anyways.

Haechan starts to ease his way out of the room to give them space and time to settle in for the night. "Wait! Where are you going?" Felix asks, startling Haechan in his spot.

"Oh, uh, I was going to sleep in the other room with Mark, but I also have to talk to Taeyong first." He explains to the two.

A smirk grows on Jisung's face and he wiggles his eyebrows. "Ooh going to sleep with Mark, huh?" Haechan narrows his eyes at the younger, before shaking his head and walking out of the room. He exits with the sound of laughter behind him, but he brushes it off and continues his short journey to the office.

When he reaches it, he finds the door closed. Haechan wasn't sure if Taeyong retreated back upstairs for bed or if he stayed behind in the room before him.

His answer immediately comes to him when the door swiftly opens and Taeyong appears in the entryway. "I can hear you squeaking the floor boards. You can come in, you don't have to wait for me to read your mind that you're in front of the door." Taeyong let's out a snicker as Haechan just gapes at him like a fish and guides the younger inside.

"Sorry," he whispers. He couldn't tell if he was in trouble or not with how calm the older was being. It was hard to read him sometimes and being in a setting that usually was meant for more serious situations, it was hard not to be wary of every action he did.

"So, why are you inviting the whole neighborhood and their cousins into my home?" Taeyong starts, both of them being settled in seats around the desk that was placed on the side of the room furthest from the door.

There it was, Haechan thought to himself. He felt himself fidgeting with the loose strings on the bottom of his shirt. "I'm sorry. Felix was in trouble and I didn't know what else to do, but Jisung and Felix are brothers and can't be separated. Oh and they're supers, too. They're really respectful and trustworthy, I promise."

The words spill out of him quickly like water from a tilted cup. It wasn't like he had mean for all of this to happen. He knew Taeyong would understand, but he also began to realize how unsafe it could be. The last time they trusted an outsider, Haechan almost ended up being dead. Which, he would be the first to say, was not a fun thing to experience.

"I promise I did talk to Felix. I told him he can stay here for the night but he has to talk it out with Chan. Chan also really scares me so I would rather not have to deal with an angry father." Haechan quietly lets out a dry chuckle.

"He's their dad?" Taeyong asks, to which Haechan immediately shakes his head and laughs. "No, he's a couple years older. Takes care of them all."

Taeyong simply nods and then silence consumes them. The younger watches as the older's hands glide over his computer, typing out something long and quick.

"We got in contact with Shotaro's mom," Taeyong announces softly. Haechan's eyes widen and a gasp leaves his mouth.

"That's great news. Have you told him yet?" Taeyong shakes his head, leaving the other slightly confused. "We just got report of it earlier so we haven't had a chance. I also wanted to make sure it was her before initiating anything, but everything points to her. She is definitely his mom."

"That's amazing. I'm happy for him. When are you doing this?" Haechan questions, curiosity intriguing him.

"Sungchan and I are going to take him tomorrow. Hopefully, he will be okay with a random road trip." Taeyong softly smiles to himself at the thought of what will come.

They stay up for a brief moment longer exchanging random comments and laughter, enjoying their time together as if it were one of their last.