Humans Chapter 8.1

A sudden shake had awoken me from my nap. The place is getting dark, yet the people are kept on going. Usually they camp and rest.

I sat up to observe what was around me. Nothing was odd nor was it dangerous. The wagon's pace does not speed up not was it even slowing down. Under the moonlight, I saw someone's back.

Upon closer inspection, it really was Kita. She sat all alone, not moving an inch. I crawl to her as not to disturb what she was doing. I don't know what it was yet.

She still hasn't noticed me. I kept on crawling towards her, still unnoticed. She kept on looking towards something.

The wagon was now on rocky ground, it kept me from moving with each bump. Kita held on to her hat as the first few bumps started. She suddenly glanced towards me, then towards her front, then looks at me again; flinching.

"Oh, you're awake." She said in a calm surprise. Silence had come between us and she then returned to watch outside. Slowly, I sat beside her.

"So, where are we going?" I asked her. She shrugged. I had my head tilt on surprise.

"You didn't know?" I asked her again.

"Well... I um... just ask the people to hitch a ride but not actually asking where to go... so... yeah..." She struggled to find her words. Silence came between us. No words came out to anyone, even the rider.

"Is your hand alright?" I asked her. She looked at her once injured hand. It does not have the bloodied area it used to have. It must have been replaced anew.

"Heh, you're worried about me?" A smug smile can be seen while talking. She had her hand stretched out to the moon. I shook my head.

Slowly, she had her back rested to the wagon's corner. Playing, she had her hand "eating" the moon. Looking, her eyes moves to the sky and to me.

"No." I told her. She had her face look disappointed. Her eyes locked on me.

"Are you not that caring for others?" She asked.

"I asked because I just remembered it." I said. She pouts. However, she kept on playing.

"Say, are you not angry about our journey out of town?" She asked. I joined in her game. Having my own hand also "eating" the moon.

"What do you mean?" I asked her as I looked.

"We don't know where this caravan will be going." She said.

"I don't have a choice, nor a place to go." I told her as we play.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" She asked. I had my face turned sour, but her eyes focused on our little game. I sighed.

"Why are you here sitting here, all alone?" I asked her.

"I like to watch the moon and stars tonight, it's easier to see out of town." She said as she kept on playing.

I looked around the see what was happening around as I listened. The wagons kept on moving, there are no signs of stopping. The rider of this wagon is silent, unknown if that person's listening or focusing. There are no winds, but it is extremely cold at the back.

"Should we get back in? It's actually cold out here." I told her as I was heading back in. something is stopping me though, it's Kita's end of the string.

"Oh, I thought Lucifenians are tough?" She said with a smirk. Is... is she provoking me?

"Aynakuuuuu... Pag-unakonganglalakasnilaperonalalamigsila...aaaaaaymahinaaaaaaaooooooooh...maraydimotonaindiiiihaaaaaaan!" She said with the same look. Is she speaking Levian once again? She's starting to get on my nerves.