Humans Chapter 4: Levia

Oh. I still can't see anything. I can't even move neither of my hands nor feet.

The place I'm on was warm. Far too different from what I felt before. Everything is... silent.

There is no chatter nor the sound of horses neighing. Was today a day or a night? I can't tell the day with this darkness surrounding me.

"..."

Rogue Avarician soldiers had captured me, after they had killed the last person I'd known and loved. They had also decided me become food for the Belzens, the savages as I can recall. Then a coup had started while traveling to it.

A Levian started the coup who'd been undercover from these rogues. My sister's corpse is on the other wagon, will she become food for them? I don't know. I just don't know.

Am I cursed? I've only gained streaks of bad luck after I turned ten. Is this a test from the Light?

The last thing I remembered from the coup was the view of the other carriage. My guess that my sister's corpse was in there, and many more others. All before I felt tired and fell asleep.

That girl may do something to me. For she, what most of those people are, is a slaver or something. However, something is coming closer.

Rushing footsteps are getting louder and louder. Those sounds are not familiar to me. I... I am not in the wagon anymore... am I?

The steps are getting faster and I can't move! I want to open my eyes but I can't. Are those steps coming from those rogue blue monsters that killed most of my family? Or is it from those slavers?

I think I'm blind by unknown means. I still can't move. Are those shackles are still on me?

I must move! My legs... I can't even move my le--

"HELLO!!!" "AAAAAHHH!!!" "AAAAHHHH!!!" I got surprised as two eyes quickly replaced the darkness, and a voice of a girl unfamiliar to me had spoken. It made me scream and made the girl scream too. She flinched and fell off the... bed?

I quickly looked around without turning my head. The ceiling was wooden and dark, with signs of mold. I turned my head to saw that there was a candle at the side of the bed, almost to its limit. Then, I noticed that I was lying on a wrecked bed.

I'm still in these cuffs, and there's a piece of cloth right beside me. Maybe that's the thing that's blinding me? Another set of footsteps can be heard, although slow.

"What's the commotion about?" Said by another girl's voice. I recognized it. It was that same girl that caused the coup!

The girl brought along a lit candle, and a basket full of bread. She looks confused of the situation. However, she held on to these tightly.

"Where am I?" I said to her as I forced myself to sit upright. I can drag these locks. However, it hinders most of my movement. "Let me go or I'll..."

"Wait mister!" The girl that fell off interrupts me. She raised her hand firmly. She then points at the other girl with her other hand. "This sister of mine save your life."

"So what about it? I can fight off those people easily with the strength of the Lucife--" A slap interrupted me, it's that little girl's sister who did it. She quickly throws the basket and the candle to the little girl. In turn, that little girl had grabbed the candle first then the basket. Neither of those items are lost, even the unknown contents in the basket are not spilled out.

"You are an idiot!" The older girl who slapped me said. The pain lingered. Her face had a slight anger. "I saved your life and you want to be there?"