Humans 6.3

We're somewhat started to walk another time but Kita ... She's silent. Also, I've noticed that we're getting near to that light.

It's getting brighter and bigger too. What is that light anyway? A burning village? A sacrificial pit for slaves? Whatever it is, I'll run as soon as I know it's dangerous.

"Kita..." I wanted to ask her about it but she stops on walking.

"Hey Luke." Kita said immediately with an unturned back. She stays still, no part of her moved. The cold is creeping in but no wind is sweeping to us. Thankfully, the lantern gave some warmth over the cold.

"What is it?" I asked her in reply.

"I'm bored." She said as she softly stomps her feet.

"What?" I asked her. Of all the things she can say, is being bored. It makes sense as we've walked for many candles.

"Can we play a game?" She says as she stands still. She might have forgotten the objective of hers. Or is it really just what she says?

"Ok, what game do you want to play?" I asked her. The lantern I've hold onto is placed upon a nearby crate lying randomly on the side of the street. I placed it there and wait for her response.

"Maglaro tayo ng habol-habolan!" She said in a weird way. What is she talking about? Is she speaking Levian?

"Mug la ro tie yo ng have all have all un?" I repeated said it

"Why are you asking me about those corpses?" Kita asked.

"You already know my story." I told her.

"Ah, I'm sorry." She apologized but for what? That event about me?

"Why are you apologizing?" I asked her curiously.

"I just recalled something that's all." she said to me.

"Shall we continue on our walk towards the light?" I asked Kita.

"Yes, yes we should." Kita said with a faint smile.

We've started to walk silently again and it seems that we're running out wax from our only candle but we somehow getting near to our destination.

The light gets brighter and bigger after several steps. Our journey nearly exhausted our candle supply. However, Kita's reaction made it clear.

"We're here! Well... almost." Kita said while pointing slightly below. To my surprise, it exceeded my thoughts. The big light isn't some sort of camp fire, a lamp post or even a church. It came from a large tower! A tower too big to be called as one.

"You seem to be surprised by that?" A shocked Kita said. She had her head turn to and fro from the tower and I for a bit. However, my confusion grows as the the tower itself is in the center of the town and not a multitude to the surrounding area.

"Hey..." She said.

"Is it really a big shock for you?" She continued and looks at me while pointing the tower with a finger, then spreads her palms openly in a short while. I nod in reply, and she nods back. Crossing her arms, she looks at the tower.

"Well, we'll get that answer soon... because I don't know either!" She said in a happy tone. She too, is clueless.

"However!" Her voice raised.

"It is the time for..." She said before she made a clap.

"F...O...O...D" She ended her sentence with her eyes showing weird intent. In reaction, I placed the lantern close and a fist ready to fight.