Humans Chapter 2.3: Group Chatter in the Forest

"Is he dead?"

A soldier said with footsteps coming in close. Is he an Avarician? He is curious, nothing more and nothing less.

"No, no I paralyzed that yellow haired and eyed freak of a boy. Uh... he's blinking, I think... More importantly, what is he trying to shoot at? Is it a bird? The stars? Or, is it that big shiny moon over this time of this cold night??"

Another one said, shouting from a distance with his steps becoming audible. Angrier and angrier as he comes close. Is he actually surprised by what I've acted before? Why is he surprised? Is that thing I saw not one of them???

"It's the forest's eyes."

One said with footsteps slow and steady. His voice is older than the rest. There are three of them now. I may blink but I am blind. All I can see is darkness. My hearing is still the same.

"What do you mean?"

The first one said. He became more curious due to his tone. A stomp of a weapon has been heard near me. Is it a lighting stick, or something else?

"Haha, Forest's eyes? Forest's eyes? Are you sure the forest has eyes? Especially this one???"

The second one asked with a jesting voice. A long pause has occurred. What are they doing? Are they gesturing something?

Everything else aside, what are they talking about? Me paralyzed? What for? That thing is not really with them? What is going on? I have many thoughts that have popped up but there's nothing I can do, feel or see about it.

"This place..."

The third one spoke with a much serious voice. The silence had been broken. I noticed the other two might be younger than he. This man might be actually their leader?

"This forest... Was once a kingdom..."

The third spoke once again. The man had long pauses to each phrase. He must be trying to remember it.

"Woooow, a kingdom!"

The second jest. It is insulting to the third person, but there was no reprimand, a groan, nor a hush. It must be how they talk to each other. Or something else?

"Go on..."

The first said with interest with the stomping of feet. He might be sitting on something and it was near to me. Was it his bag? A stomp like that could mean he sat unto it.

"Legend says that the people dwell in it are more advanced than we are."

The third continues on although without pause. The other two became silent and no noise of any kind can be heard, except for the rustling of leaves and the breeze of the cold night's air.

"Alright... so people with pointy sticks or sharp metal is moooore advanced than us with powdered arms or longer pointy sticks. Got it."

The second still said with jest with an elongated response. Silence between the three have been made. The wind died down, along with the rustling of trees.

"..."

The first didn't made any noise. A breath or two can be heard. Nothing else.

"After that catastrophe, the kingdom turned into ruins and its inhabitants disappeared. The land had changed as well. It sprouted many trees unusual from the rest as we see today."

The third man said, gulped and ended with a sigh. Is he drinking something? A deep breathe came out of it.

"Catastrophe?"