Monsters Chapter 5.1: Mockery of a Battle

A fierce charge from Mika. Val runs far away from Anatalia as Mika gave chase. Nero then started to run towards her, but retreated as she stopped in her tracks. Val then grabs her attention, and chased him again.

The battle between the three... is quite... entertaining... All of us who are near to them are watching them fight it out. We tried to not let themselves fight each other many times in the past. Now, we decided not to. We didn't say anything to each other, but we silently agree to just to see them do it. It's... well... not much to a fight...

"Quit dodging my attacks Val!" Mika tried to claw, punch and kick Val as he gracefully dodges every single hit she throws him, while she shouts. Left arm, right arm, right leg and left arm. I am getting interested as they she almost got him with every strike.

"Why are you trying to fight me? I didn't do anything bad at all..." Val continues dodging it while he talks, talking loudly. He then suddenly slips that made me jump in a little shock. However, a sigh of relief releases from my breath as he quickly jumps back into action.

"You make me look bad on Anatalia!" Mika shouted again together with a slash, she is successful. We are all surprised to see that she finally landed a hit. It's result was a torn garment, no injuries being made.

"Very well." Val holds on to his torn garment, but he can still dodge Mika's attacks. While all of these is happening, Nero is moving behind Mika unnoticed. A slow and patient move.

A voice had pierced through my focus. "Hey!!! Raaaisaaa!!!" These words are being uttered over and over. Curious, I looked to where and who called me.

"Hmmm...? Oh, it's you guys!" It was Copper, Lily, Abby and Sherine who shouted my name. They are approaching as quick as they can. However, Lily carried Copper over and moves than the rest. Sherine, on the other hand, walks down to us but was faster than Lily.

"What do you mean by that?!" Mika's words had redirected my attention back to the fight. She is chasing Val around the bush, continuingly encircle it. A stop occurred, but only for a moment.

"From you said, you've made it clear to her by yourself! Hahahahaha!!" Val laughs after he said it. He stopped the loop by going on a straight dash, she missed by a hand. It almost caused her to trip over.

Mika then gripped her hand tightly. In annoyance, she dashes after him. She almost did it, but Nero stopped her by holding her tail and he's struggling to do it.

"So... you're right behind me all along..." Squinting eyes and anger of tone emerges. She is now turning her head to someone. Namely, Nero.

"Yes, I'm here all this time." Nero agrees with his eyes shut. A playful smile can be seen from him. All while he holds her tail firmly.

We, the audience, have started to sit on the grassy ground. None said a word. All who watched are looking at their movements, limb by limb.

"Hah!" With a tight grip on her hat, Mika shouts as she performed a round kick. Nero let go of her tail and dodge down from it. He rolled to one side and move back a little. He almost blocked my view of Mika, despite his small size. I get bit worried for her, she's too... aggressive.

"You little..." Mika said as she adjusted her hat. A shout emerged then charges at Nero, with her hand forming a fist. Nero dodges down, grabs on to her foot and made her flip despite his small size. I'm at awe with this but I do not know if the others are reacting the same way as me. Mika flips and she falls face flat on the soft ground while Nero faces us, half kneeled with his arms stretched out on one side and catches Mika's falling hat on the other.

All of us, I think, are clapping to that fight but in a moderate applause. Whispers and normal tones of voice can be heard between us spectators. Abby, in awe, said "Wow, I've never seen such a fight that long, usually its 3 punches and a flip."

"You really improved yourselves. Well, except for Mika." Jean said with amazement. Curious, I looked to at him to see what he is doing. He is tending to Lahn, wrapping her up injuries in a slow and steady manner.

Also in curiosity, I take a look at Mika. Nero speaks about something, but my attention was for Mika. There, from a feet away of her, I saw Val. He walk towards Mika, slowly sitting beside her and talks to her. Mika raises her head, and from her muddy face, she talks. Mika's anger is gone and both of them are talking with each other but I can't hear it. She did punch him though. A weaker one.

I tried to come closer to them, but someone taps my shoulder. I turned my head to see who it was, I saw Nero. He tapped me with a stick.

He shakes his head, eyes closed. He then opened his eyes, sadness written within. I then stopped my idea on going to both of them. I wanted to make her feel better, she was defeated after all. Instead, I joined in the conversation with the rest, but I stopped and take a good look at Nero. He was going the other way to join with Val and Mika, sitting with them and joining with their conversation.

Nero's becoming sad, and why? The two started the fight and I've wanted to comfort her. Why did he stop me?

The mess they made. The twigs snapped, grass flattened by their weight, the buried barbeque sticks, the trio's footprints in the mud, and Mika's face print. All done before the sun reaches high enough to shine through the forest.

"Raisa!" A voice snapped me back into focus. It was Anatalia, shouting. I waved her back and come closer to them.

I walked towards them, they seem to have started their conversation. They seem lively and focused. Mika... she seems down.

I... I will ask the trio at a later time. It seems they are busy talking about something. Nero stopped me, it must be something important.

Anyways, I think they'll just let me in their conversation. If they wanted to.