Chapter Thirty-One

One Week Later

The tour hasn't been the same without Josh, and he's only been gone for a little over a week. I don't bother to get to know the replacement who took over the role of Jojo; I'm determined to get Josh back as soon as possible. Sky isn't a bad companion on the bus, though.

"Indiana!" I look up from my conversation with Sky when someone from the back of the bus calls my name. DeMarius, Marlee, Ben, and Zach are huddled together, looking at something. "Come here," Zach says, waving Sky and I over. Sky looks at me, shrugs, and stands up.

"What is it?" Sky questions once we get closer.

"We think we found the proof we need to get KP fired," Marlee says urgently. "Sit down." Sky and I follow her orders immediately.

"Well? What did you find?" Sky asks impatiently.

"Indiana, you know how Ben and I came into the dressing room that night while you were there?" Zach looks at me intently, and I nod.

"They were messing around with my camera," DeMarius explains, then gives Ben and Zach a pointed look. "Which they've been told not to."

"Anyway," Marlee interrupts quickly before they get off on a tangent. "Apparently these two doofuses don't know how to turn a camera off, which would be annoying in any other circumstance except-"

"Except that it was on when KP came in," Ben breaks in.

"You caught it on camera?" I ask breathlessly, my heart rate quickening as I remember the evening.

"Partially." DeMarius nods. "There's a part where you're in the corner of the frame. But it still caught the sound."

"You think that could be enough evidence?" Sky runs a hand through his hair. "You think that could be enough to get Josh back?"

"That's what we're hoping." Marlee sighs. "I think we should show this to Mr. Calhoun as soon as we get to the hotel. It could be grounds to fire KP. What do you think, Indiana?" All five of them turn to look at me.

I'm almost at a loss for words. "I-I think we should show it to Mr. Calhoun as soon as we can," I'm finally able to say. I can't believe that there is evidence after all.

"How much longer until we get to the hotel, anyway?" Sky glances back toward the front of the bus.

"I don't know, I'm not the one driving," Ben replies. Sky rolls his eyes and gets up to go back to our seats.

"I'll see you guys when we get there," DeMarius says, getting up as well.

With a deep breath, I turn to Zach, Ben, and Marlee. "Do you really think this is enough?" I ask softly.

"I do." Zach nods. "I don't know how anyone could dismiss this. It's pretty concrete proof that what Josh explained was true."

"Okay. Thank you for not knowing how to operate a camera, guys." I smile slightly but thankfully as I go back to sit down. I hear Ben laugh while I'm walking back down the aisle.

I spend the rest of the ride watching out the window, thinking. Sky speaks to me minimally, and I'm sure he's thinking, too. If this is enough evidence to fire KP, then Josh could rejoin the tour. Once we show the video to Mr. Calhoun, it's all up to him. I pull out my phone, deciding to let Josh know.

Josh Burrage

<< How are you holding up? >>

<< It's only been a week, Indy >>
<< But I could be better >>

<< We think we have some proof
that could get you back >>

<< Let's hope it's enough.
Has KP spoken to you recently? >>

<< He's tried. He hasn't been
able to yet >>

<< Okay >>
<< I miss you >>

<< We miss you too >>
Read 10:53 AM