Chapter 24: I Don't Know

Start from the beginning

     Tao heaved a sigh. "I understand. So, what's your plan? We'll just stay here in one of the benches outside the event?"

     "If you wouldn't mind?"

     "Well, do I have any other choice?"

     Sehun smiled, "Thank you, Taozi. You're such a good friend."

     Tao grimaced, "No, I'm not."

     "W-what do you mean?" Sehun was caught off guard.

     "'Cause I am the best friend!" And the two then laughed out loud, joy apparently present in their eyes.

---

     "You sure you're okay, Lu?" Kyungsoo asked.

     "Yes, Kyung. Don't worry."

     "I could talk to that brat if you want me to."

     "No. He might get madder."

     "I don't think he would be. Things might be cleared out if I'll talk to him."

     Luhan hesitated. "Just... don't let it sound biased. He might suspect."

     "Okay, Lu. I'll do my best."

     "I guess, I need to thank you."

     "It's nothing, Lu. I'm missing the old you, being so cutely playful with each other. I hope things will be okay soon."

     "I hope so, too. Kyung, I think we'll be going. The event is ending already."

     "You sure? You won't wait for Sehun?"

     "No. It's okay. I think, he won't talk to me anyway. And besides, his friend is there for him. Thanks again, Kyungsoo. We'll be going."

     "Oh. Okay... Take care..." Kyungsoo trailed off, seeing the sadness behind Luhan's smiles.

     "Uhmmm.... Excuse me? Luhan already left," Kyungsoo talked to the boy who's busy playing an app in his phone.

     "Oh. Luhan! Wait! Uhh... Thanks, owl eyes" Xiumin spoke as he followed after Luhan.

---

     The event soon ended. Tao and Dyo went home together and Sehun thanked them for spending some time. Happy, Sehun's parents asked him to have dinner in any restaurant he wanted. The boy just went on with his parent's treat which was totally rare.

     "Was it Luhan whom I saw earlier?" His dad asked.

     "Yes," he answered as he shoved a piece of beef into his mouth. "What? Did you say Luhan?"

     "Yes, I did."

     "How did you know him?"

     "Actually son, we know him for a long time already. Just a bit shorter than the time you know him," Mrs. Oh said.

     "I'm asking how. Exactly how."

     "Chill. We knew him when one day he came to our workplace and asked us to take care of you better."