Chapter 11: The Plan of Action

The Plan of Action

     "Baek..."

     Chanyeol pulled away from the hug to reach out for Baekhyun but before he could accomplish his intention, Baekhyun already stormed out of the toilet. The tall boy just stood there moonstruck.

     "Go, Chanyeol. Go after him. Explain everything," Suho urged him to go and the giant just took baby steps forward, feeling clueless of what to do. When he's near the doorknob already, Suho spoke.

     "I-I'm sorry, Yeol. I'm sorry to cause you trouble..."

     "Don't worry about it, hyung. Everything will be okay," he replied and smiled a sad smile. He then went back to his senses and managed to speed up his walking.

     Baekhyun went dashing to their table and abruptly grabbed his backpack. He paused and said, "I need to go. I got to look for something in the library for my English class." He sounded upset and after voicing out those words,he jogged. He took few steps, stopped for a moment and shot sharp looks to the three pairs of eyes wildly ogling at him. "And by the way, thanks, Kai & Sehun, for letting me eavesdrop," and he resumed jogging out of the canteen.

     The three exchanged looks. They knew something happened for they felt the tension from Baekhyun. The two younger ones were more bewildered of what Baekhyun told them about that eavesdrop thing. Soon, Chanyeol arrived with an outline of panic visible on his face. Sweatdrops on his forehead were such a big proof.

     "Have you seen Baekhyun?" He asked with a bit cracked voice

     "Uhhh... He said he got to look for something in the library for his English class," Kyungsoo managed to answer.

     "What? I don't think we have any assignments or tasks in our English class."

     "I don't know. That's what he said. Just give it a try," Kyungsoo responded with a free advice. Chanyeol just meekly nodded and turned his back.

     "Don't worry, Yeol-hyung. Whatever your problem is right now, it will be solved eventually. I know you and Baekhyun-hyung can work it out," Kyungsoo spoke behind the giant. Park turned his head a little and cracked a less sad smile. He was just... touched by the words someone not much close to him. He bade goodbye and advanced to the library.

     The eyeliner boy was nowhere to be found. He's not in the library nor in their classroom. Chanyeol was about to look for him at the rooftop but the school bell rang already, indicating lunch break was over and it's time for their first period. The tall Dumbo-eared guy waited for his bestfriend to sneak into their English class but no Byun Baekhyun came in.

     "He skipped class... He used to detest it and be strongly against it but now, he's doing it," Chanyeol to himself and smirked with a hint of a hurt expression. He knew both parties were hurt.

     The whole afternoon, Baekhyun skipped classes. It's more like absenting actually. He didn't answer any of his friends' calls nor replied to their text messages. Kyungsoo was unconscious of what's happening and Sehun was believing a wrong conclusion. That was it while the others namely Suho, Kai and Chanyeol didn't want to talk about the happening.

     The next two days came and that two days of theirs weren't the same. It's different from their usual day. Baekhyun didn't show up & have lunch with them. The merry moments in their usual lunchtime seemed to be absent at those hours. Due to the situation, the worry & anxiety within the five began to become more pestering and killing.

     Lunch was about to end and Sehun went to the washroom. There he met his Luhan-hyung and they happened to talk about Baekhyun. Like a kid with a light bulb and 'ting!' sound effects on his head, Luhan came up to a bright idea. He shared their setup to Sehun and the latter's face gained radiance. Again, the loud ringing noise from the school bell reverberated all throughout the campus.