Chapter 14: The Truth Revealed

The Truth Revealed

     "Jongin? I told you to go here alone. Why did you bring him here?"

     "Oh. Have I ruined your plan? Heh! Before I answer that, explain to us first why we're all here. You & your Luhan-hyung set all of us up, right?" Jongin asked and the youngest could feel pairs of eyes staring at him. He wanted to speak but there's something that was stopping him.

     "Uhh... I'm sorry, guys. It's true that the two of us set you up. Not in a bad way but the opposite. We did this because Sehun wanted to. He told me about the happenings and he badly wanted to clear it. Sehun said that he's not comfortable with you guys being not in good terms. I thought that there's nothing wrong helping him although I didn't know you that much yet & vice versa. So, here we are now, gathered together by our setup to clear the mess & misunderstandings. Once again, sorry for any inconvenience," Luhan explained politely.

     "I see. It's okay with me. But who's the guy behind you, Jongin?" Chanyeol asked while pointing at Jongdae.

     "Oh. I'm sorry. I'm Kim Jongdae. Jongin just asked me to go with him but he didn't tell me that he would be going to an appointment like this," he politely spoke to them. "I think, I better go." He took a bow and a step backwards.

     "No, hyung. I bought you here for a purpose," Kai quickly held the arm at the one whom he addressed his words to. Jongdae just then stopped on his place.

     "Kai? What do you mean?" Sehun asked.

     "So, as you can see, we're gathered here today for some kind of open forum. I figured out Sehun & Luhan's plan yesterday so I decided to bring him here. Since we'll be clarifying things among each other, I also want Jongdae-hyung to clarify things with someone among us," Jongin revealed and Sehun's eyes widened. One reason was because Jongin figured out their plan and the other was because he knew that "someone" Kai was referring.

     "And who would that someone be?" Chanyeol asked with a curious face.

     "Jongin... This isn't the time for the two of us to clear our issue," Joonmyeon spoke, giving the others the clue that he's that "someone".

     "If not now, then when? I'm sorry, hyung, but I just want the best for you two," Jongin said which amazed the others.

     "I know. But this forum was supposed to be for only us six."

     "I also know that one but another sorry for your brother took the opportunity. Admit it or not, you're affected. I can feel it. Hate me for this but I'm just doing this because I love you and I care for you as your brother," Jongin said with full of emotions. For a mischievous boy like him, it's really unexpected to hear those words coming out from his mouth. With that, Suho sighed in defeat.

     That one seemed okay with them but the atmosphere became somewhat heavy. Silence dropped by for a few moments and they could feel it bring the awkwardness among them. As planned and agreed, Luhan did his job as Sehun's guide by nudging the said brunette, whispering to him to speak & break the silence.

     "O-okay. Maybe we c-could talk about that later. For now, let's talk about the issue about the bestfriends," Sehun stuttered in front of them.

     "Well, won't either of you speak?" the sexy-bronze-skinned asked Baekhyun and Chanyeol after getting an overdose of their silence. The two could be seen just exchanging looks. One word that best described them and their eyes was "hesitant".

     "What!? Let that giant speak first," Baekhyun remarked like an irritated diva. Eyes were then transferred to Chanyeol and the latter felt uncomfortable.