Chapter 13: Met Again

Met Again

     "Junjun..."

     "J-Jongdae..." Suho said stuttering after moments of looking at each other eye to eye like he's still processing that they met again.

     "Who's there, Joonmyeon?" Mrs. Kim wondered as she approached the door. "What's taking you so long?" She asked, holding on Suho's shoulder. She then opened the door wider to see the person outside.

     "You're too...familiar..." Joonmyeon's mother softly spoke with fighting eyebrows.

     "Hi, Hyorin-umma. Good evening," the boy outside waved with a warm smile and the one who's greeted let out a loud gasp. She's recognizing his eldest son's childhood bestfriend whom she treated like another son.

     "Jongdae?" The mother wanted to make sure & the boy just nodded.

     "Jongdae! You're back!" Hyorin straddled to hug the boy and he cupped his cheeks when they pulled away, inspecting the boy's face.

     "You're all grown up now and you look more handsome! Where have you been? You suddenly disappeared. Have you been doing well? When did you come back?" She excitedly questioned in succession.

     "Uhmmm.... Actually...." The high-cheek-boned boy shyly scratched the back of his head.

     "Oh. Just explain it later. Good timing. You'll have a dinner with us. Come in," she invited the boy and gently dragged him in, making Suho surprised. When Jongdae passed by him, the one being dragged just sheepishly smiled. Suho's eyes just followed him and by the time the two who just passed  by him weren't looking, he mischievously stuck his tongue out to them.

     "Joonmyeon, close the door and join us here. We have to talk a lot with your childhood bestfriend," Hyorin ordered and Suho just rolled his eyes then obeyed.

     "Tsh... What a lucky guy I am today..." Joonmyeon thought to himself sarcastically.

     "Sit here, Jongdae," Hyorin offered a seat beside Jongwoon.

     "Hyung? What are you doing here? Why are you here?" The boy seated beside him asked.

     "I came here to fetch you. I'll just text mom that we're here," Jongdae answered.

     "What? You're having dinner with us, too?"

     "Yeah. You're not just the one who have friends in this residence, you know," Jongdae remarked and they earned puzzled looks from people there except Suho.

     They went on with the dinner and Jongdae explained it all. He explained things about his younger brother and how come the Kims didn't know. Also the reason why they left and then came back after six years was told. Jongdae said that they went to China because of family business matters in the company of his grandfather on the mother's side. It was urgent that time that they even had no time to say goodbye. His grandfather demanded them to stay there in China until the company was already safe from the threat of bankruptcy. In a span of two years, Jongdae's parents had done the job they're asked to do. They planned on going back to Korea but were stopped by their grandmother for the reason that she wanted them to stay there until she's dead. She loved her grandsons too much and the boys were likewise, especially Jongwoon who learned to open himself up to people because of her. Two years passed and the said grandma died due to leukemia. Everyone in their family felt depressed, especially the widowed old man. Jongdae's family was unaware that the widower was overtaken by the depression. The said widower was drinking more frequently and hadn't appeared in the company for months. When Jongdae's father, Jonghyun, suspected it, he hired an investigator and found out what's happening to his father-in-law. When they visited to see him, they found him lying unconscious on the bathroom floor. They brought him to the hospital immediately and found out to have a worse case of colon cancer. After two years, he died and their mother, Sunyoung, asked to stay at least a year in China before leaving the said country.