Chapter 6: Apologies

Apologies

     "Pssst! White boy!" Kai called Sehun's attention who was walking meters ahead of him. The younger looked back upon hearing.

     "Yup, dark kid?" Sehun launched the bitter tirade.

     "Ouch... That hurts..." He acted like an emphatic theater actor.

     "I'm just kidding. I mean, dark kidding." The other blankly replied.

     "Yeah, yeah. Fine. I'm also kidding, not adulting."

     "Such lameness you have there."

     "The hell I care. Anyway, why so blank?"

     "Do I have to tell you the reason?"

     "Which one? Parents or that deer boy?"

     "Both." Sehun replied so cold and blank.

     "Then, you should have said 'Do I have to tell you the reasons?'"  Kai said and tried to mimic Sehun's blank and cold manner of speaking.

     "Two things. First, 7 out of 10 for that mimicking part. Second, fine. Whatever. You win, you grammar nazi."

     "Thanks. I know, right?"

     "Uhh... How boastful." Sehun reacted, a bit annoyed with the windy aura of the sexy-bronze-skinned boy.

     "Yah! I'm not! I just know the truth!" Kai argued and the white one decided to give it up.

     "Whatever. You're becoming like a brat."

     "Really? That means I'm becoming like you?" The older asked with some sort of sparkling eyes. The puppy was kinda annoyed once again.

     "Oww!!! 'kay! Sorry. I'm just joking!" He reacted to Sehun's jab.

     "Brat." Coldly he commented.

     "Like you." The other whispered to himself.

     "What did you say?" Sehun heard him.

     "Nothing. I said, hate you. I hate you for hitting me." He said with a pout.

     "Pretty little liar."

     "Say what you want. Phew... But you know, hyung was pretty worried about you."

     "For me?"

     "No. For the both of you. He doesn't want to have an ill friendship with you."

     "Really? Well... I don't want that, too. I have realized it and the thought does terrorize me, knowing he's no longer my friend. I might lose one precious hyung. Call me overacting but you know how much I value things and persons important to me, right? And that's why I'll be voicing out my apologies." He said like a whining puppy.

     "Ahh... Just admit it, you just don't want to lose his free treats. Especially, bubble tea." And Sehun showed his ball of fist with a face asking like 'Do you want another taste of this?'

     "Uhh... Heh. H-Hehe." Kai laughed nervously. "I-I'm just joking." He continued, afraid of another painful blow. Sehun put down his fist and afterwards, Kai smiled a genuine smile.

     "Be careful with your jokes."

     "Yes, sir. By the way, since it's Friday, why not hang-out at home for a while?" Kai offered with a bright smile. "At least, he's not that dark at all. His eyes can sparkle and his smile can be bright." Sehun thought to himself as he had noticed those.