26 | resolving issues

Start from the beginning

"I got stung by a jellyfish. Shit!" Sarah exclaims.

"Dramatic." Delilah mutters.

Sarah swims back over to the boat where she then climbs up the ladder so that she can join the other two girls. Another gasp of pain is heard as she looks down at the side of her stomach. A large red mark has appeared and only proves that she actually got stung by a jellyfish.

"Well, you swam right into a man-o'-war." Kie states, bluntly. "I don't know what else you thought would happen."

"Thank you for your help." Sarah sarcastically replies as she sits down. "Shit. Ow!"

"Does it hurt?" Kie asks with a hint of amusement showing through a smirk.

"Hey, Kiara, Delilah. You know what they say about curing jellyfish stings?" Sarah begins, ignoring the brunette. "You have to pee on me."

"One, I never thought I'd ever have to hear you ask me to do that and I never want to hear it again. Two, no fucking way, are you insane?" Delilah fires back.

"Kiara?" Sarah questions, seeking for an answer.

"I have a better idea." Kie replies.

Kie makes her way inside of the boat's cabin and searches for the weed that JJ had rolled for them, finally finding it and walking back out to take a seat beside the two girls. Delilah is the one to light the end of the joint since she's the one who does it more often than either of them. The redhead even steals a few puffs from it and eventually passes it over to Kie, who does the same before handing it to Sarah.

The blonde girl takes a hit of the joint, only to swiftly pull it away from her lips and cough multiple times at the weed she had inhaled. Delilah and Kiara just exchange glances at each other, sharing that specific look. Neither one of the two want to be on the boat.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

Darkness has swallowed the area as the night comes to take over for the next several hours that are going to pass by. The only source of light on the unmoving board is a single lantern that one of the girls had found inside of the cabin. Unfortunately for the best friends, they're still having to deal with Sarah being stuck with them both. The girl is currently high off weed after smoking most of the joint all to herself to 'relieve the pain' of the jellyfish sting.

"Would you rather have... I was just imagining you both like this just now. It was pretty funny. Would you rather have nipples for eyes or eyes for nipples? Imagine if you get really old and your nipples— Your boobs get saggy, and your nipples, if they were your eyes, you could see if your shoes were untied." Sarah rambles, laughing to herself while receiving looks from the girls.

"Honestly, is this your first time smoking or something?" Delilah asks.

"No." Sarah replies, her voice going quiet to show that she's clearly lying. "Hey, Kiara—"

"Enough of the 'hey, Kiara' bullshit!" Kie demands, interrupting her. "Why'd you do it?"

"Why did I do what?" Sarah asks, clueless.

"We were best friends! We stole beers from your dad's fridge, we watched movies together, we even cried about boys. And the next thing I know, I'm watching your birthday party happen from Instagram." Kie explains.

"It was one party." Sarah argues.

"You invited everybody except me." Kie fires back. "And then you told everybody that Lila and I were the reason that the party got busted."