72nd Letter: Another Playlist

July 2, 2020

Dear Future Me,

The thing is, I forgot to post this letter. This should have been my letter to you on the 9th of May but I totally didn't remember if I ever wrote this. So here it goes:

-------------------------------------------------
May 9, 2020

Dear Future Me,

Today, I'm gonna update you with my playlist. I've been listening to these songs lately and they've been really good especially these days that I'm not feeling any better. So here it is and I might just have to say a few words.

1. Eight by IU (prod. and feat. Suga)
       - not usually a fan of IU and her songs and I don't just listen to this just because there's Suga’s voice in it but because this is really such a good song. It gets stuck in my head and I can't help singing it over and over again. I love the beat and the melody. This isn't just an ordinary song at all.

2. Puzzle Piece by NCT Dream
      - of course this one. I love this at first heard. Such amazing vocals and amazing song.

3. Sweet Night by V (Itaewon Class OST)
       - I'm a fan of V's songs. I love his voice and I love this song. I downloaded this one before I even watch the drama, and I waited for 13 episodes in the drama to finally hear this one. This is really good to listen to.

4. Inner Child by BTS V
      - I told you I love V's voice. In fact, there's not a song he sings that I don't like at all. I love all of them. This is my love at first heard in MOTS 7 album. I've been practicing this one and I hope you can sing it perfectly now. The lyrics are easy to sing.

5. Moon by BTS Jin
      - I don't just like this song because Seokjin (the love of my life) sings it. Even if he's not the one singing this, I'd still love it. I love the beat of the music. It gives off good vibes and happy moments.

6. Magic Island by TXT
      - I've been mentioning this one quite a lot already. Because I really love this song. The melody and vocals combined together equals perfection. I will never get tired listening to this.

7.  I Loved You by Day6
       - One of DAY6's masterpiece. First heard this one when the members switched their instruments and Dowoon, the drummer who doesn't sing, sung the first lines while holding a guitar and that's all it took for me to fall for this song.

8. With You by Maktub and Lee Raon (Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency OST)
       - I always fall for OSTs. Especially this one. Everytime I hear this song, my mind travels back to every "Kilig" scenes of the drama and I just smile from getting inspired.

9.  00:00 (Zero O'clock) by BTS
       - One of the songs I keep listening from MOTS 7 album. I love this one because it gives off a happy feeling.

10. Rest Your Bones - iKON Bobby
       - I don't know how many times I mentioned this to you. You can't blame me though. I really love this one. I kept playing this one months ago when I was having a hard time and not being sure of my own decisions in life. Now when I'm playing it, I remember those times and it makes me feel relieved that it's over and that all I have to do now is keep going.

11. Trust My Love by GOT7
        - While the other songs in the Dye Album like the title track NBTM and Poison, this one is quite different for me and I want to listen to this first and make memories out of this because I got attracted to this song the first time I listen to it.

12. Dduk by Winner Jinu
      - I don't know the English title of this song. It just came out as Dduk and I don't even know what it means. Haven't looked it up yet but that won't be necessary because I can already feel the emotions that it portrayed without even reading the lyrics. I love Winner's vocals ever since I heard Fool. When I heard this one, I knew it belong to me. There are other good songs in the Remember album but this one is my favourite.

13. Second Life by Seventeen
        - I discovered this song when I downloaded the tracklist of An Ode. I never listened to the songs other than Fear and Hit, so when I was playing Seventeen songs on shuffle, I heard this one and I was like, "Wow this is great." I've always been fan of Seventeen vocals  and I guess this one just attracted me.

14. We Are Bulletproof: The Eternal by BTS
    - another one of the MOTS 7 songs that I loved. Before I listen to inner child, I heard this one first and I got attracted to the lyrics. The song has many lines in English so you don't have to search the translations to know what it means. What captured me the most are the lines "Tell me your story. Tell me why you don't stop this. Tell me why you're still walkin'. Walkin' with us." When I heard this lines, I felt it. I've been an ARMY for three years now and this song just brought back all the memories I had with every one of them, all the stories I had dating back from where I started stanning them and what made me fall in love and stay in love for the past three years. It had been a glorious ride with BTS and I want to keep going with them. They made my whole life meaningful and I'm truly grateful for all of that.

15. Never-ending Story - Stray Kids (Extra-ordinary You OST)
    - Before I watched the drama, I heard this song first. It was November in 2019 and Woojin (SKZ past member) just left and Stray Kids were struggling a little bit and they had appeared on Vlive as 8 for the first time and told Stays that they wrote a song for Extraordinary You. So, being a fan, I downloaded it immediately. I was kind of sad that time too because of Woojin (In fact, all Stays were) and still shocked of what happened, so when I heard this song I almost cried because I realized I love Stray Kids so much and it was heartbreaking to see one member go and not even knowing the reason why. That was the darkest times for Stays. We wanted to fight for them, for Woojin, but we couldn't because we were in a battle where we don't know who the enemy is. We had no idea what happened. JYP didn't explain why. Woojin didn't explain why. He just said thank you and goodbye. So we're left with no options other than let him go. The nine or None promise was broken. The Mixtapes I used to listened to didn't make sense anymore. But, if it was bad for me, it was worse for them. They had to face that terrible moment in the midst of their comeback, promotions and concert. Eventually though, we overcome it together. It was my first heartbreak as a kpop fan and it was also Stray Kids who motivated me to stop dwelling on the heartbreak. We manage to pull ourselves up and keep going.
That's why this song is so special to me. It reminds me of those times. When I watched the drama last month, I heard this but all that ever appeared on my mind was Stray Kids and those times. I couldn't feel the drama anymore. Not with that song. I guess that song broke me enough that I couldn't associate it with any heartbreaking scenes of the drama other than my heartbreaking memories of Stray Kids and Woojin.

16. Fallin' Flower by Seventeen
        - this song is Japanese by the way. A combination of vocals and raps, it makes the whole song really sounds like you wanted to jump in happiness or cry emotionally. The vocals are very precise (of course. It's Seventeen) and the raps kill it, especially Vernon's and Mingyu's. I love the sound of these two people when they rap. They have their own unique and distinct sound that you can't hear from any rappers in kpop. Plus, the MV turned out great too. Jun has lots of lines and screentime than he usually has, and the aesthetics are captivating. They did a pretty good job ag atttaching flowers on Joshua's eyes. I really appreciate it. And all those arts in every scene with flowers and paints are mesmerising as well as the choreography. Seventeen, indeed.

                                  ***

So I guess that's all for now. Hope you listen to it. I really want you to listen to it so you can remember this moment. I don't know what your life is like out there, if you're still the same person that I am right now or not anymore, but please take a moment to listen to these songs. I know your heart. I know what you wanted and what you longed for. Even if you hate me or resent me, I will know how you feel and you know how I feel too. So please, listen to me because that's all I will ever ask from you.

Love always,
magicshop