38th Letter: Bias List Kim Seokjin

Oct. 14, 2019

Dear Future Me,

I'll tell you where it all began with the man we always love and I hope you remember all of it in perfect details.

Kim Seokjin of BTS

If you gather all the most beautiful words in the universe, they're still not enough to describe Kim Seokjin

If you gather all the most beautiful words in the universe, they're still not enough to describe Kim Seokjin. He is beyond words to describe.

As a BTS fan, he wasn't my first choice. I had Jungkook at first. In fact I didn't really like him before. I even made fun of him every time his screen time came because his moves were too awkward. Looking back, I still wonder how I fell for him and all that he is. I didn't really know how, but I guess it started when I saw a fan-made compilation video of him and Suga on YouTube. The video was showing the good sides of Kim Seokjin like how he took care of Suga and how he was able to put up with Suga's savage attitude. I remember how I smiled watching that video, how I thought that Seokjin must have been a caring person and how I couldn't stop imagining how important he is to BTS. From that video, I came upon another video which changed my whole life. It was the one that fans were laughing over and over again because in it, Suga and Seokjin switched songs during a rehearsal. I know that every army remembers that. Seokjin was rapping Suga's Nevermind and he was so crazy trying hard to act like a rapper and it was just so funny that I couldn't stop laughing for hours. I even showed that video to my sister who also laughed so hard. Even more when her bias Suga sang Seokjin's Awake in high notes. So from that moment on, my heart knew Seokjin will be the one. And it turned out right as years passed by.

People were calling him Worldwide handsome and I had no idea yet. I know that he's handsome but I wonder if he was actually awarded with that title or it was only the fans who created it. So I began searching, and later did I realize that the search I was doing was actually the steps to get to know him better, and like him eventually. While searching, another video appeared. It was the video during Melon Music Awards where he got out of a car in a black suit, the cameras all flashing at him and he slightly looked up the sky and didn't realized he was actually flaunting his handsome features. He even smiled which melted Army's heart. Mine as well.

Then I came across an article from Billboard. I couldn't remember what it all said but I remember this phrase was written there somewhere. "the third from the left is quite handsome".
It was actually the first time they won in the Billboard show which drew attention from a lot of people who didn't know BTS yet. They were posing in front of the cameras after their red carpet and new fans couldn't help but notice the THIRD MAN FROM THE LEFT. It trended on twitter for quite a while. And Army's knew it was Kim Seokjin, and that's how the word Worldwide handsome came to be. On one interview, Seokjin was asked about what he thought about being the third man from the left and after Namjoon translated that, he just said "Yeah, I'm worldwide handsome, you know" and blew a kiss to the camera.
I can't help but smile. I got attracted to him even more and I just couldn't stop myself from watching different videos of him on YouTube. There was that one video when he joined The Law of the Jungle and while they were on a raft in the middle of the ocean, he kept saying he was handsome. And then there was another video of him where he became a host on a KBS show together with Chanyeol and he just couldn't stop himself from saying how handsome he was, and another video of a show called rookie King where he sang a song about how handsome his face, then an endless series of interviews from America to Europe wherein he couldn't always forget to say that he's handsome and blow a kiss to the camera. And his endless "Do you know BTS?" lines whenever they were traveling to different places in the world.(Especially that one on Bin Voyage S. 3) There was also his infamous dad jokes. I guess some Armys fall for those, not because they're funny but because of how he laughs after he pulled all those jokes. That crazy windshield wiper laugh that haunts me in my dreams. (literally, because I set it as my alarm tone which I only regret after giving me the creeps 😂)
But really, that laugh could make someone laugh as well. I guess that's one of the things that pulled my heart closer to him. His voice too. I saw him sing Awake live on YouTube and I remember I used to worry if his voice would crack, but it didn't. It turned out to be quite an amazing performance. When he hit the high notes, fireworks exploded at his sides. I was amazed for the first time and thought to myself that Seokjin could actually pulled something quite marvelously fantastic. I thought he was all good face and funny jokes, but later on I get to see a wonderful side of him that kept surprising me every time. He was a good singer and he did quite an amazing job in pulling people's eyes towards him everytime he sings. Mine included. I saw him singing his part in I Need You, saw him hitting those High Notes in Crystal snow during their concert in Japan, and got attracted even more when he played a guitar while singing Boy In Luv Japanese version and a piano while singing the first parts of Epiphany during KBS Gayo. There was also his cover of Autumn Outside The Post Office which features his soft and melodic voice. I couldn't stop listening to it.