86th Letter: I Watched YG Treasure Box

Treasure Box Notes and Reviews

November 16, 2020

After giving it some thorough thought, I finally decided to watch it. I thought it's the perfect time to watch the show since enhypen will officially debut soon and I probably wouldn't have time to watch it anymore after. So here it is.

So there's at least 3 people I already know in Treasure.
Yedam, haruto, and Asahi

Yedam
    - saw him on stray kids survival show
    - he's Jongin's classmates in SOPA, saw a class picture of them together
    - some friends I know who watched Iland with me told me he is the Heeseung of Treasure, and there's no lie in it. He's the Ace.
   - YG pd-nim likes him a lot, I can see him looking at Yedam the way Bang Pd looks at Heeseung.
  - it seems like they already decided his debut because the show and YG pd-nim gradually focus on him and emphasize him among the others. (Exactly like in Heeseung's case)
  - i already have my eyes fixed on him, saved him for the second spot. I know he wouldn't be ult bc he's the first guy that really caught my eyes, and first guys usually don't stay on top of my list for long, they just stay there 'till i find another who can make my heart flutter more ( it already happened to me with Heeseung and Sunoo. and I  haven't found sunoo until the 3rd and 4th episode)

Haruto
    - everybody knows this guy. Even if you're not a fan of Treasure, you would know him
     - i told my friend he raps like Changkyun from Monsta x
     - he's younger than Sunoo and i freaked out when my friend told me his age (guys on treasure are so young and i feel so old)
      - he just looks different when i saw him in the show, younger, cuter, more innocent. but his talents are mind-blowing. I didn't know it's Haruto until he raps
     - considering how the show spent 10 mins or more for his screentime alone means that he must be really speacial to yg pdnim

Asahi
    - he's my highshool friend's bias
    - i know him bc his vocals caught my ears the most when i saw the mv for Boy (Turns out it wasn't actually him but Jeongwoo, my friend pointed at the wrong person 😂)
    - his looks just isn't what i expected, he looks a lot more different in the show than he does now (He's really cool now), i almost didn't recognize him
     - i literally look for him in the show

So there are two particular trainees that i didn't know yet, but caught my eyes the most except Yedam:

Jun Kyu and Jeong Woo

Jun Kyu
     - (I can't remember if the name was Jun Kyu or Jun Hyuk but he's that handsome guy in Treasure A  who was introduced second to Yedam) 
      - he was criticized by YG pdnim but he seems special to him (the show kinda emphasizes his growth too obviously, it reminds me of Jake in Iland)
     - he's adorable and admirable. Like i said, he reminds me of jake and Jake was the second guy that caught my eyes in Iland)
    - i got attracted to his vocals and performance and more than that his smile and character are also admirable

Jeong Woo
     - now this guy really made an impact on me last night
     - he could be my ult bias and i would be happy to stan him bc he has the name name with my ult in NCT (jung woo)
       - he looks really young but i wouldn't mind, probably younger than sunoo
       - his vocals are captivating, his performance drove me mad last night and i really fell for it.
       - YG pdnim also has eyes on this guy, he likes him, got mesmerized with his vocals, and he seems really special to him as well considering how proud he is to have him in the show (it kinda reminds me of how Bang Pdnim looks at Jake, how Bang Pd said Jake has beaten 500 contestants during the global auditions) that's exactly how yg pdnim looks like when he watched jeong woo's performance on tv together with the other pds.
    - he ranked second after that performance.. I'm still on ep. 2 so let's see what happens.

So i didn't know all the trainees who debut yet bc there's so many of them and it's hard to remember their names.

But i know some: yedam, junkyu, the guys with nct names jeongwoo and doyoung, hyunsuk (the rapper guy who looks like changbin of skz and reminds me of jay, my friend just told me he's the leader of treasure and now that i know he's the leader he reminds me of hongjong from ateez), asahi, haruto.. that makes seven. treasure is 12 and the 5 still remains unknown to me. i want to get to know them bc i don't want to get attach to someone i would only lose at the end.

and also, i noticed there was a guy named Jong Seob. it's funny bc when the camera suddenly focused on him, i got a weverse notif from P1harmony from someone who's name is also jong seob.  so i asked my friend if they were the same person and it turned out they were.  So this guy never made it in Treasure but he made it in P1harmony..
And my friend told me that two of the trainees also already debut in CIX..