35: Everything goes

I want to hold youAnd never let go

I want to hold you
And never let go

-Porappippam, sunmi

Like everything that would come to an end, the holidays drew a curtain too, indicating that the busy as ever days were back. Here I was sitting in the university cafeteria with a yogurt drink and my notebooks before me, studying by myself.

Lunch hour had ended a while ago but there were still a few students here and there. As I sipped on my yogurt I could not help but remember my first ever time tasting this drink in this very seat with Haneul before me.

Winter was blooming in the Seoul city but inside of me, it felt warm, like the sensations of spring or even a greater haven than that, when before there was only an eternal frost that lived beneath my skin.

Because now while I sat alone, I knew I was not really alone. I had friends, I had people that would be there for me to lean on them.

The Kang Daisy from the past was still there but this Daisy was living it better.

"I'm going to sit here!" A familiar voice chirped and I looked up to find Wonho placing his tray down on the table and taking a seat on the other end.

Two other people took the chairs out by my sides and sat. "They really were serving ramen today!" Minhyuk laughed on my left. Kihyun only took a sip of his Pepsi on my right.

"You were not sure?" Wonho's eyes had grown bigger, the sunbeams reflecting on his pink hair from the glass walls. "You lured me in here saying they were serving ramen today!"

"It's not like I am a student anymore," Minhyuk shrugged with his shoulders and turned to me. "All I wanted was to surprise Daisy anyway."

"She does not look so surprised," Wonho sneered.

I closed off the book before me. "It's because I have a resting bitch face."

"R-resting what?" Wonho stuttered and I saw his chopsticks fall from his hands to the bawl of ramen before him.

By my side, Minhyuk laughed loudly again and Kihyun cleared his throat. "I did lure you in with ramen but Kihyun came without any method of me, manipulating him." The burgundy head propped an arm on the table and placed his chin on it. "Right, Kihyun?" he drawled.

Kihyun, was as usual, silent. "Did something happen between you two?" Wonho asked casually while slurping down his noodles. Seeing us both glance at each other before facing him, Wonho's face fell. "Something really happened?!"

"Nothing much," Kihyun replied and I felt my face morphing into a crimson palette.

"Much?" Minhyuk teased again. "How much is that nothing much?"

I wanted to dig a grave for myself right in the concrete and never come up from there. "None of your business," Kihyun sighed and focused on the carbonated drink on his hand.