33: When the clock strikes twelve

You make me crazy it's not just the wine

You make me crazy
it's not just the wine

-Love u, monsta x

It was New Year's Eve, a night with bustling energy as vibrant music boomed through the loudspeakers with occasional shouting from the DJ, people grooved and danced their hearts out on the floor. Glasses on their hands, extravagant attires on their bodies and their hands on their partners.

Yet here I was standing near the glass walls in a corner with a peg of champagne in my hand that I hadn't tasted yet, wearing a black oversized hoodie paired with faded jeans. My hair up in a ponytail like the usual.

I still could picture Jooheon cocking his head to the side when he saw me for the first time in the night. "You look normal," his voice matched the seven pairs of incredulous eyes that raked through my entity.

"She looks fine to me!" Minhyuk shouted. "Let's get this party started."

Well, I definitely looked too normal for an elite party but it was alright since with that vague aura I transformed into nothing and no one quite perfectly. Everyone was too busy caring for themselves but the boys did stick by me.

Save for Minhyuk, Jooheon, and Changkyun who were dancing like crazy in the dark a few feet away. And Hyungwon who was behind the counter so far away that I could occasionally see his hair whenever he jumped with the music.

"I did not know Hyungwon was a DJ," I mumbled particularly to no one.

Wonho laughed nervously, his shoulders tensed and eyes constantly glancing towards the glass walls we were standing by, twenty stories up the ground. "He goes by H.one as a DJ."

Some time ago I was stunned with the knowledge that Hyungwon was a model, and now it was time to be shocked again but I could not really ponder much on the newfound information as I was as anxious as Wonho, keeping myself busy looking around just so my eyes won't fall outside.

A drop from here would be fatal, not any chance of survival at all. My brain smashed to the ground and limbs everywhere and-

"How did you spend the day today, Daisy?" Shownu's voice was heard and at first, I was met with Kihyun who was stirring the glass of red wine in his hand absentmindedly, making the liquid cause a whirlpool in the middle. God knew what number of glass for the night that was on his hand.

"I had lunch at Haneul's, her parents run a barbeque restaurant and she helps out there in holidays like this," I answered to the eldest who stood close to me with a curious look adorning his features. "And I helped mom cook dinner, we watched some movies in the evening and now I am here, that's about it."

"Sounds fun!" Shownu exclaimed with pure glee, I wondered which part of it was really.

"I hope you'll enjoy the next seven days of vacation too, Daisy. You need it," he said and I could not help but feel a little discouraged knowing I would not get to see them for the whole week, even though I should be feeling happy because of the overdue vacation.