11: All I see

-Stealer, Monsta X

-Stealer, Monsta X

"Have I ever been really angry for no reason, mom?"

"Why?" She said absent-mindedly while brewing herbal tea in her pot. "I think so yeah..., when you were a baby." She gave a small smile looking up at me. "You wouldn't stop crying. I had a hard time controlling you."

"I don't remember."

"Of course you don't remember because you were a child. Until you were seven or eight you used to have angry fits for no reason. It reminded me a lot of your dad. Because he had the tendency to have outbursts like that."

"Oh."

"But suddenly you grew quiet, I thought was worrisome. Do you want some tea?" She smiled again.

As I looked at the silver-colored heavy door in front of me with an 'x' engraved in the middle and detailed patterns crafted around the sign, I held my breath and put a hand on the cold metallic handle.

Right before I pushed past I looked at my right where the same bodyguard clad in a dark suit and an earpiece from the last day stood by me.

"What's your name?" It was a tough task to stare at his eyes as he was at least a head taller than me.

My neck hurt, it wasn't the first time I was cursing at myself for having a mediocre height of 164 centimeters, and not that cursing at myself would miraculously grow me an inch taller.

He looked at me for a brief second. "Kim Ryujoon," he said. I noticed that he had a scar on the side of his left eyebrow that had come down to his cheek. He looked like he was in his mid-thirties.

Perhaps he was a little surprised that I showed some interest in him. It was indeed surprising because for the first time I gave attention to the silver door with the x curved on it, and the security guard too trying to learn his name, which I would never do. Because I hardly was ever interested in people.

But when I made up my mind the other day that it was enough running away for me, it indeed was.

The chilly conditioned air hugged me when I stepped inside the room and closed the door behind. After I released my breath the familiar smell finally hit my nostrils and made my head spin.

The smell of rich wine, expensive colognes, and nicotine.

"Guess you are here again," the low voice from an approximate distance gave a shudder down my spine. When I looked back it was the smoker boy with a lit cigarette hanging from his lips as he sat in a dark corner behind the minibar.

"You exceed my expectation every time. I thought that was the last time we would see you here." He let out a puff of smoke while he poured himself a drink.