18: Getting used to

When my brain gets bitterYou keep me close

You keep me close

-Painkiller, ruel

Jooheon had the colorful cards in his hands, his eyes darted from Minhyuk, then Hyungwon and to me. "No! why can't you play with us too?" his shoulders were slumped as he let the uno cards fall on the surface of the table.

"The more the merrier." He gave me the eyes that really looked like he was trying hard to convince me. "Kihyun is not here now. He won't boss you around. Just let loose a little!"

The pout on his face could not change my mind not even a little. My arms were crossed over my chest, wishing I was at home with my mom now. There was nothing here for me to do at the clan club yet they kept me.

Hyungwon sighed to himself as he picked up the cards and started to shuffle them himself.

"Daisy, are you getting bored?" Minhyuk said from his seat beside me in the couch. When I looked at him he had his arm placed on his knee and his chin propped on it.

And then he blinked at me and I noticed the blonde was closing one eye first then the other one. Even though it happened in seconds.

"You have an uneven blink." The words had left my mouth and he laughed in amuse. Almost instantly closing in his face to mine, only a few centimetres away and then he blinked to himself a few time.

Every time the same routine. "I can't believe you only noticed now that I have asymmetrical eyelids!" With another light laugh he leaned his face back.

It was pretty.

A small sound of coughing came from Jooheon that stole my glance from the blonde to him.

"You guys seem like you have a good chemistry." Hyungwon leaned in, his long fingers still playing with the cards on his hands as a devilish smirk slowly spread across his handsome face.

"What?" Minhyuk scoffed to himself, immediately snaking an arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him but letting go the next second. "We are like siblings," he said in a joking manner. "Daisy and I have a lot in common."

Dare to say I wanted to roll my eyes. I wouldn't say, siblings, as I had none. But Minhyuk did feel a little closer to me after that event of us smashing junks together. Even thinking about that brought a small smile on my lips.

Wonho too, for some reason. He made my heart feel at ease whenever I saw him.

And then I realized not any of these boys made me as uncomfortable as the first time I had seen them. I was slowly getting used to them.

"She's even smiling." Jooheon let out a dramatic sigh as he made his lips turn into a thin line, dimples appearing on both of his cheeks.

"I'm kind of feeling jealous, I don't know why?" He gave a confused look to Hyungwon who sat beside him and I immediately dropped my smile, the resting bitch face was on yet again.