24 | scary stories of the crain house

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Do you guys see her here? No, right. A little focus would be fantastic." John B replies, frustrated that the girls are annoyed at him. "We've got the map, right?"

"It's out of whack 'cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." JJ comments, glancing down at it.

"It's because the coast has changed." Kie informs.

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed." Pope states.

"What about the old forts?" John B suggests.

"Battery Jasper." Kie says, pointing down at the location on the map.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

Straight after the conversation at the restaurant, the five had drove to Battery Jasper after climbing into the campervan together. But none of them nothing there, which they had half expected to happen. Then, since he's the one with the brains of the group, Pope managed to figure out what it truly means and lead them to a new location. However, that specific place happens to be the Crain House, one of the most feared houses on the island.

"For fuck sake." Delilah curses.

"Are you kidding me?" Kie mutters as she stares at the house ahead of them.

"Worst-cade scenario, I heard that Mrs Crain buries her husband's head on the property." JJ tells them with a shudder.

They all begin to walk forwards and carefully enter the grounds that belongs to the Crain House. Delilah hesitates for a moment as she debates whether this is a good idea for them to go along with, a shaky sigh soon leaving her mouth. JJ glances back at the girl and waves motions for her to follow behind them, her giving in and jogging over to catch up with her friends.

"Honestly, I don't really believe the stories of this place." John B admits.

"Which stories did you hear?" JJ asks, intrigued.

"The one where she killed her husband with an axe and that she's been holed up ever since." Kie replies for the brunet. "On certain nights, when the moon is full, you can see her in the window."

JJ's face falls as he quickly realises that she wasn't being serious with her response and only trying to make a joke out of it. A laugh slips past the girls lips as she catches sight of this.

"No, Kie, it's not funny because it's all true. I swear to god, this is all real." JJ insists. "I knew Hollis."

"You knew Hollis Crain?" Delilah questions, receiving a nod in response.

"Dude, how do you know Hollis Crain?" Pope asks.

"She was my babysitter, man. She told me all about it. Told me the truth about her mother and what happened in this house. As a kid, she heard all the stories that her mother killed her father, and she was a murderer and all. Hollis didn't believe it." JJ explains. "Until that night..."

"What night?" John B asks, curious.

"It all came back to her. When Hollis was six years old, she heard her parents arguing downstairs. So she goes downstairs to see her mom washing her hands in a sink full of blood. Her mother just says that she cut her finger. The next morning, she says her father and her split up." JJ continues.

"Oh, just like my parents, I see." Delilah comments, trying to lighten the dull mood.

"But then, Hollis noticed something. Her mother going into the parlour constantly, in and out, and in and out with plastic bags. Weeks pass and Hollis decides to use the outhouse. As she's using it, she looks down, and there, in the outhouse, is her fathers head looking straight back at her." JJ finishes.