🌹 soraya15 🌹

Start from the beginning

"remind me why single bed?" i ask him as we walk in, tossing our bags on the bed.

"separate would've been too suspicious. they would've thought we didn't know each other," he explains.

"mhmm. sure that's the reason," i tease, knowing he saw the judgmental looks as well.

"whatever, believe what you want," he grumbles.

i chuckle, turning the small tv on. it's the news channel; a small static popping in and out every few seconds. i listen as i pull dom's hoodie off myself and pull my hair into a tight bun.

"the virus liquifies the inside of the body. we advise people to heed the stay-in warning and steer clear of others as this affects all ages."

"this shit is horrible. i've never seen anything like it," i curse, shaking my head. i stare at the screen, arms crossed against my chest.

"i've never seen anything like us," dom adds.

i turn to look at him sitting on the edge of the bed not that far behind me.

"i still think there's more than just us two. i can't think any other differently than that."

"let's not get into it. if we're going to do this, we should get to know each other."

i walk to lock the door and go sit on the bed, pressing my back against the bed frame.

dom spins around to me, smiling.

"hi."

"hi," i chuckle, pulling my knees to the air and hugging them.

"so you can move shit with your mind and shoot things out of your palms."

"yup."

"and i can force field and mess with lights."

"that sums it up."

"have you felt different?"

"in what way?"

"any way. before this, did you feel or know you had powers?"

"not exactly. i mean i stayed to myself most of my life. i've never had any inclination of me having powers until i met you. you?"

"same. i made friends but i don't know, i wouldn't call most of them friends. when we bumped into each other was the first time i sensed anything."

"you bumped into me," i correct.

"you right. my bad, but imagine if i didn't, we wouldn't be here right now."

"right. you would be locked up for creating a virus."

"are we really on the run?" he asks, nervous.

"kind of fun huh?" i smirk.

some people wish this was real. some people fantasize about being on the run.

"if we get caught..."

"not until we get better or find some information about ourselves."