Let me talk - Stiles Stilinski

Scott and Stiles stood waiting at their lockers, as they did every morning. "Every time I see her, my heart does the thing" he exclaimed. "I know" Scott nod his head. "It's like I can feel my pulse quicken" he continued. "I hear" Scott agreed. "I think I love her-" Stiles cooed, but before Scott could reply you turned the corner. "You love who Stilinski?" you asked with a smile. "Oh erm ermm- the lunch lady" he lied terribly. "You think you love the lunch lady?" you asked with raised eyebrows. "Oh erm yeah" he said, his voice breaking half way through. Scott had to shove his head in his locker to stop himself from laughing. "Y/n thank god! Kira's having a little girl trouble in the bathroom, I need your help ASAP!" she said in relief. "So I'll see you later I guess" you said with a questioning look, before following Lydia down the hall. "Yeah, we have first period together, remember?" Stiles called after you. Scott finally burst out laughing, after watching his best friend's pathetic excuse of flirting. "You knew she was coming, you complete dick" he said, punching Scott playfully in the arm. "Come on lover boy" Scott laughed, putting his arm around Stiles' neck and pulling him down the hallway.

You walked into your English class and sat at your usual desk and Stiles soon followed, taking his next to you. You reached into your bag and began to sift through all of your notebooks to find a pen. "Y/n, Y/n!" he whispered, while the teacher was still setting up the lesson. You sat up and turned to face him. "About what I said earlier-" he began. An automatic smirk crept across your lips, at the thought of Stiles fancying the 60 year old, married lunch lady. "So you don't love the lunch lady?" you asked, as you tilted your head. "No, in fact I was talking about someone else" he began to explain, his voice getting quieter. "Can everyone turn to chapter five please" your teacher finally spoke. You did as instructed, but you still felt Stiles' eyes on you. "We'll talk about it later, it's okay if you fancy older women" you brushed it off. You promised to improve your grades and attendance this year and that also included reducing your detentions and improving your behaviour in class. "I don't fancy the lunch lady" he accidently raised his voice, causing the class to laugh. "Thank you for that Stiles, but not relevant" your teacher commented. You bit back a laugh as he slowly sank into his seat.

After first period Stiles planned on telling you his true feelings, just to get it over and done with, he didn't have the time for romance. He waited for you to gather your things as he stood and waited for you. You noticed how his foot tapped at an alarming rate. "What's the hurry?" you asked with a smile. "Come on" he said. grabbing your arm gently and pulling you out of the classroom. You gave him a weird look as he finally let go of you as you reached the bottom of the stairwell. "You're being really odd today, are you feeling alright?" you asked, half amused half concerned. "I'm fine, there's just something I need to tell you" he exclaimed, speaking at 40mph. "Shoot" you said casually, not thinking anything of it. He took a deep breath but before he could say a word the school bell rang loudly. Students began to pour into the hallway. Someone bumped into you, drawing your attention away from Stiles and then more people began to bump into the pair of you as you were blocking the way to the stairs. Before you knew it, you had drifted away from one another in the masses of eager freshman and large groups of students. "Tell me later!" you shouted into the air, no longer knowing where he was. "It's kind of important" he shouted back, but you couldn't hear him, you had already travelled half way down the hall somehow. Stiles felt someone grip onto his shirt and pull him out of the crowd. "Don't say anything" Stiles huffed. "That was pathetic" Scott told, having watched the whole situation. "Maybe you should wait to tell her, maybe not at school?" Scott suggested. "It's now or never, otherwise I'll overthink and might never tell her" Stiles explained. "She likes you Stiles. Her feelings aren't going to change overnight, why don't you wait and make it special?" Scott asked rationally. "You're right, I guess I can wait a day" he agreed. Scott smiled and patted his best friend on the shoulder as they walked to lesson together.

"I cant wait any longer" Stiles whispered. It was break and you all decided to go to the library because it was cold and the only place with any good heating, considering not all of you had wolf heat. "It's literally been an hour since we agreed on you doing it tomorrow" Scott sighed, putting his head in his hands. "I know, but look at her" he said in admiration, staring over at the table you were on. Lydia was helping you with your homework and you'd never looked more beautiful, you sat with a furrowed brow staring down at your paper with your hair tucked behind your ear. You glanced up and caught eye contact with Stiles, his eyes were glazed and you laughed as he snapped out of his gaze. "I'm doing it now" he stood up from his chair and began to walk over to you slowly, shaking his sweaty hands and not looking away from you as you scribbled onto your paper. He was about half way across the library when suddenly he felt something hard hit him as he fell to the ground. Books and sheets of paper flew everywhere and there was an eruption of quiet giggles and hushes. Stiles pealed the paper that was covering his eyes to see Liam lying on top of him with an awkward expression on his face. "Get. Off. Of. Me" Stiles sounded concerningly calm. Liam lifted himself up and offered his hand out to help Stiles, "I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going and I didn't see you walking towards me and-" he barely finished his rambling before Stiles became distracted and rushed off. " Where's Y/n?" he asked, half out of breath. "Oh she had to leave, she told me to ask if you were okay though" Lydia said, packing her own books away. "Great" he said with an eye roll. "Honestly you're making this crush of yours so obvious, why are you so desperate to talk to her?" she asked with a smirk. "I'm telling her that I - Wait, you know I like her?" he asked as his mouth gaped open. "Yes Stiles, I'm surprised she hasn't figured it out herself" she shook her head with a smile. "Whatever it is you need to talk to her about you have two hours because she's going home early after lunch" she added, before walking away to her next optional AP class. "Two hours, you can do this" he breathed.

He wasn't in your next lesson and time couldn't have gone slower. Malia watched, shaking her head as he sat there looking at the clock with a stupid expression on his face. The sound of him clicking his pen to the noise of the clock ticking echoed in her head for the whole period. As soon as the bell for lunch went he practically ran to the school cafeteria. He was the first on your usual table, Malia followed swiftly behind, confused as to why he didn't walk down with her. Kira and Scott then followed and took their seats. Liam and Mason sat on the edge of the table, he was still embarrassed by the whole falling on him thing. Finally you walked over with Lydia. You took your seat at the other end of the table, opposite Stiles. You ate your lunch while you all talked as usual, though you couldn't help notice as Stiles stared down at the table. Hayden had also joined you all at this point. "Are you okay?" you asked, breaking away from the conversation. "I need to tell you something" he tried to say quietly. "Oh yeah, sure" you smiled. "I lo-" he began for what seemed like the 100th time that day. "Y/L/N, did you forget about your lunch detention today for skipping class you little delinquent?" Coach asked, blowing his whistle. You took a sip of your coffee and turned to look at him, "I have no idea what you're talking about" you said innocently. "Now!" he called, but before you could reply someone interrupted. "Coach...Shut up" Stiles said sarcastically. "I have been trying to say this all day and I have been interrupted for the last time!" he said standing up. "I love you Y/n, there I said it. I am completely and utterly in love with you" he said a little too loudly, only focusing on you. Half of the students in the cafeteria where staring at you, including all of your friends; who were sitting there with huge grins and smirks on their faces. You almost spat your coffee all over him. You had a shocked expression on your face for a second, before a bright smile formed. For some strange reason you weren't embarrassed, only wrapped up in the though of the boy you had liked forever liking you back. "I love you too" you blushed, never thinking this would be the first time you'd say that to him. "Right that's enough, come on" Coach said with a disgusted look on his face. You were practically pulled out of the room but your eyes remained fixated on Stiles'.

Later on someone knocked on your front door and you knew exactly who it was. "Did you really mean it?" he asked without hesitation, walking in. "Of course I did" you smiled widely. "So what now?" he asked with a grin on his face. "People who love each other, should be together" you implied. "I guess you're right" he agreed. After the hectic day he'd had, you thought you may as well give him a hectic end. You wrapped your arms around his neck and felt his around your waist as he leant down and pressed his lips to yours in a long awaited kiss. The passion was something you'd never change about the two of you and it was something you'd never lose. You loved him and he adored you. As much as he had hated that day, he wouldn't change it for the world.