Ch. 35: Haruki's First Smile

Zacznij od początku

"WHAT WAS THAT?! YOU WERE STANDING THERE AS IF YOU WERE WANTING THAT DAMNED TRUCK TO HIT YOU!"

As Air continued yelling and ranting, I saw that Haruki... was smiling. He was smiling. For the first time ever since we've met him,  he was smiling. And I dont know why. Hes being yelled at and insulted right now, so why is he smiling?

"STANDING THERE LIKE SOME DAMN IDIOT, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! THATS IT, FROM NOW ON WE'RE HOLDING HANDS EVERY TIME WE EVEN COME NEAR A STREET. YOU DIDNT EVEN LOOK BOTH WAYS FOOL!"

"Sorry." He said with a small smirk on his face.

"AND NOT TO MENTION—eh? Wait... what?"

"I'm sorry." He said while looking up at her, still smiling. "I was acting irrational and stupid."

After he said that I could immediately hear Air's thought.

WHY IS HARU SMILING

Haruki stood and and wiped off his jeans. Then he paused and looked at Air. "And I will never do it again." He said, giving Air a teeth-exposing grin.

Haruki looked like a completely different person when he did that, when he smiled like that. He gave a grin that had a rainbows and kittens vibe to it, and him being thirteen and a guy makes me reluctant to come to the conclusion that... he was cute.

When he smiled I saw pink and floral patterns everywhere, it kinda made my heart skip a beat which made me want to punch myself.

Damn it! What the hell is this, m-my heart... DON'T TELL ME I GO BOTH WAYS.

For the first time ever, even if it were for a split second, Haruki made me question my sexuality. But I quickly snapped out of it.

I didn't know Haruki had such powers.

It wasnt just a compliment, it was a fact. And this is because...

"GAH!" Bo and Air both cried out in reaction to Haruki's award winning smile, blood spewing from their noses like a water hose.

Bo fell to her hands and knees. "Its too radiant! Too beautiful!"

"Heavens light has just shone upon my impure soul..." Air whispered shakily, clutching at her heart, blood still dripping from her nose.

Damn perverts.

"Oh, and Air..." Haruki said, turning back to Air.

"Y-Yeah..." She said.

Haruki then walked up to her, stood on his tip toes, and gave Air a small peck on the cheek and another nosebleed-inducing smile. "Thank you, for saving me and not letting yourself get hurt either." He said with a warm voice.

"Eh...?" She murmured, slightly blushing as she touched the cheek that Haruki pecked.

"Air... you're getting a nosebleed again..." I mumbled, sweatdropping.

The look on her face was mild but I could hear every single one of her furious thoughts:

KAWAII KAWAII KAWAII KAWAII LITTLE BROTHER KISSED HIS NEE-SAN ON THE CHEEK I'M MAKING PROGRESS HARUKI IS CUTE HARUKI WILL GROW UP TO BE AN IKEMEN

MUCH KAWAII

SUCH MOE

CUTENESS OVERLOAD

THE ARES YAGAMI HARD DRIVE DOES NOT COMPUTE

ERROR LOADING

PROBLEM ERROR NUMBER 60000000 = TOO MUCH KAWAII TO PROCESS