Ch.19: Abstinence

~SONG: TELL YOUR WORLD BY MIKU HATSUNE~ (or hatsune miku whatever I say miku hatsune because I'm extra RUDE lol)

**FRIDAY AKA THE DAY OF THE DANCE**

"What took you so long?!" Nay-Lee asked as I burst through door of the girls bathroom in our dormitory building. She was already dressed in a strapless white dress with black lace at the hem of the skirt and her usually curly hair was straightened flat. She was currently finishing up doing Shiemi's hair, I looked to see Izumo's hair was curled into ringlets and tied up into a pony tail.

After Nay-Lee was done she pointed to me. "Your turn." she said. I stepped in front of the mirror and let Nay-Lee put my long hair up into a neat bun. She then pinned my bangs to the side with two bobby pins. We hurriedly went up stairs to me and Nay-Lee's room and put on our dresses and shoes. I stood up in my wedges, happy that I could feel tall for once. Miku, Miku, Miku! I chanted to myself excitedly.

"Yukio sent me a text, he said the guys are all ready and waiting down stairs at the front door. Ooh, what an entrance huh? Elegantly descending down the stairs!" Nay-Lee said with a swooping gesture.

I rolled my eyes. "Let's just go see Miku!" I said.

"Is that all you care about?" Nay-Lee asked.

"Yes!" I said. "That's all you care about isn't it?" This time Nay-Lee rolled her eyes. I was the first to leave the room and the other girls followed after me.

"Let's go you guys!" I called as I rushed down the stairs as fast as I could manage in the high wedges.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs my haste evaporated as soon as I saw Rin's face. I started to have that self conscious feeling in the pit of my stomach again. I turned my face away to avoid his gaze, slightly stepping behind Nay-Lee as she talked with Yukio. Wait what am I doing?  This seems like a Shiemi thing to do!

Nay-Lee took notice and grabbed my arm, pulling me in front of her. "Why're you shy all of a sudden?!" She said smiling.

Startled, I staggered forward from the pull, making me feel like a deer in headlights. "I-I'm not shy!!" I said. I stole a glance at Rin who grinned at me.

~Air... holy shit...YOU LOOK HOT! I heard his loud and bold voice in my head, he sent me one of those mind messages again. I flinched at the sudden boom of loudness filling my mind from his comment and tried my best to give him an irritated look but i could feel he blush on my face which probably took away from the assertiveness...if there was any assertiveness to begin with. Although I was grateful that his loud outburst wasn't said outloud.

Rin noticed my attempt to look annoyed and gave me an amused crooked smile. ~Sorry, Air. I guess I gotta learn to think quieter, ne?

We left the dormitory building and walked to the school grounds. Me and Rin at the very back of the group. "Why're ya walking so freakin slow?" Rin asked as he turned to look at me.

"I'm trying not to fall on my ass in these shoes!" I said taking one slow robotic step at a time, trying to make sure there were no rocks on the paved way to trip me.

Rin stepped in front of me with his back facing me and slightly bent his knees. "Piggy back?" He asked.

"I mean I would, but I'm afraid I might tear the damn dress." I said.

Rin sighed and swooped me off the ground with his arms, carrying me bridal style. I wrapped my arms around his neck so I wouldn't fall.

"It wouldn't be such a terrible thing if you tore the dress," He said as he effortlessly carried me. "Or at least to me it wouldn't."