Ch. 22: Their First And Last Date

~SONG: HEROISM (BLACK ROCK SHOOTER OST)~

**NARRATORS POV**

LOCATION: MOSCOW, RUSSIA

Asmeth sat out on the porch, watching a mother bird high up in a tree trying to teach her babies how to fly. She wiped her sweaty forehead with her handkerchief.

What month is it? July? Nearly August? Man, what a heat wave! And Master expects us to wear these black uniforms?!

The fire mage tugged at her maid outfit in slight annoyance. July is usually a happy month for me, no matter how hot, so... why aren't I enjoying my self?

Asmeth undid then re-did her side braid. Her hair is always in some sort of braid, she refused to wear it anyway else. As she separated her dark hair into three sections to redo her braid she looked up into the front yard of the estate. She watched all the new maids and butlers as they rushed to finish their lunch and hurried to get back to their labor.

Crazies, Asmeth thought to herself humorously. Its lunch break, they don't need to be so eager to get back to work. But I get it, it's their first day, they want to do a good job.

The older maids and butlers had to teach and chaperone the new or younger ones, to make sure they were doing their job and doing it right. Asmeth was one of the teacher, since she's had fifteen years of experience working at this gigantic estate.

"Onee-chan, are we doing this right?" One of the younger maids asked. Asmeth looked up at the blonde haired nine year old girl who was looking uncertain with her hedge clipping skills. "It's absolutely acceptable, Kate!" Asmeth called. "And if you're having trouble then just ask Luna."

Asmeth looked over at twelve year old brown haired Luna. The preteens always know what to do, no matter if it's their first day or not, they always listen carefully and are able to help out others(especially ones under eleven) with the chores and the techniques to do certain things.

Although the noobs didnt just consist of children, there were 20-year-olds, 30-year-olds, even a couple elders.

"Think you listened enough to help Kate out, Luna?" Asmeth asked. Luna nodded her head furiously.

"Yes Oz-san!"

Asmeth smiled. Any time she had to instruct the new arrivals, she always told them to call her by her nickname, Oz. It was less professional and more comfortable that way.

Not long ago, while Asmeth was at school, she was called to the office to do some sort of survey for True Cross. And ever since then, shes felt like shes being watched, and its made her... grumpy. But a few days ago, the feeling of being watched stopped and Asmeth returned to her normal self. But she continuously wondered why.

"Little Ozzy," Asmeth felt someone touch her shoulder and turned.

"Babushka!" Asmeth said. Babushka is the oldest person working at this mansion, shes also the wisest and most knowledgeable. She is also very loved and acts like a grandmother to everyone. Which is why everyone calls her Babushka, its Russian for grandma.

"Have you seen Machiko?" Babushka asked.

"Well I saw her fly out of her window earlier, screaming something about 'My wings are beauty that will not be detrained! Machi Machi!' or something like that."

Babushka shook her head. "That damn girl. She wouldn't let us seal her wings today. And its detained, not detrained!"

Asmeth shrugged. "I told her it was detained." Asmeth paused. "Babushka I think something bad will happen."