Part 2D

It's been two months since I decided to join Ahsoka and then other Rebels, typically my days are filled with helping her with dividing up the jobs for her specific cells. "Fulcrum, there seem to be more patrols gathering around the areas we are working in, how should we proceed?" Ahsoka frowns at the Fulcrum symbol and motions for me to leave. Interesting? Typically I don't generally get kicked out of those meetings, but if I do Ahsoka always has a good reason. I wander around the capital ship for a while before deciding I should go meditate. The meditation room is decorated plainly which I enjoy, less cluttered unlike my room and other places I've been lately. I ease myself down onto one of the cushions trying to ignore my pounding head and disappear into the force. A small knock draws me back to reality and I see Ahsoka standing at the door with a force smile plastered on her face.

"Hey, just about earlie-..."

"Don't worry about it, let's be honest I needed a break anyway."

"Well then, I think we should talk."

"Hmm? Did I mess up something?" I try to calm myself down so she can't see how much I'm panicking - if something went wrong because I gave them the wrong information then their blood is on my hands.

"Verse, you didn't do anything wrong. Now when I tell you this, you promise not to freak out right? This isn't your fault."

"It isn't my fault." Ahsoka gives me a loon saying she doesn't believe me at all. "All right I understand no matter what your about to tell me it isn't my fault so there's no reason to feel bad." I throw my hands up in mock surrender for effect causing her to laugh.

"I have lost three cells in the past week."

"No... How? Why?"

"The Empire has taken notice and they are cracking down on us."

"Oh no, what are we going to do? People rely on these cells to help them survive. So many people are going to die!"

"Verse." I can feel myself spiraling out of control as Ahsoka calls to me. Suddenly I'm no longer in the Rebel capital ship but in a random city with tall alien like towers surrounding me. The pounding footsteps are back,

"VERSE!!"

"VERSE!" Two different voices call out to me and I feel a cold hand push me away from them. When I try to cry out for them no sound comes out of my mouth, I feel as if my tongue and throat is mad of sandpaper. Help me! I mentally scream out for them, hoping that just someone hears.

"Verse." Snapping back to reality I see Ahsoka looking a little panicked. Right as I'm about to justfiy everything she begins speaking. "You scared me, but back to the conversation we were having; I would like to send you to go work with a cell that is just starting out if you would be willing to go." I take a deep breathe trying to still calm myself,

"What would I do? I mean I don't have any helpful talents that could help take down the Empire."

"Verse, I am convinced that you are the best option for this job. Why would I put you in a situation that I know you couldn't handle? I'm not Maul."

"I know, but still."

"If you don't think you're ready I will find someone else."

"Are you sure?" She nods and I think back to all the situations that I've ran from since the slave freighter, all of my broken memories, and all of the things that I won't experience if I don't just go for it. "Ahsoka?"

"Yes?"

"I want to do it...."

"I will let them know, anything else?"

"I don't think there is." She nods and steps out of the meditation room and I listen to her walking down the hall. When the door shuts I exhale wondering what I've just gotten myself into...

COMMENT. VOTE. PLEASE!

- STARWARSNERD235