Part 1D

Slowly we ease our way through the hallway as we ignore others cries for help and pleas of mercy. Suddenly Minus collapses into a coughing fit. "Minus!" I can't do anything to help as he seemingly chokes on air.

"Verse leaves me, I'm just slowing you down and I'm not going to last much longer." I shake my head and bring my finger up top my lips as people are coming. He scowls at me and I have the sudden urge to laugh but don't. We sit for what feels like an eternity there in a dark bug infested corner as the invading force executes everyone who isn't one of theirs. When the shots stop and the advance seems to be put on pause as I peek out. A hand covers my mouth and I bite down firmly on it.

"HEY! I'm trying to help you." I stare critically at a white armored soldier and finally allow him to help me up. A sudden round of shots echo through the hall as the invaders meet a decent amount of resistance from the syndicates causing me to fall forward onto Minus who seems thrilled to be trampled. The trooper mumbles something about Skywalker plans and stupid ideas as he helps me limp out of view of the others raiding the compound before leaving and dragging a very sickly barely alive Minus back. "Here, I need you to relax." The trooper removes his helmet and I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't a short blonde haired, brown eyed, clone... He sees my hesitation and stares back at me as if trying to figure out me. "Are you alright?" He asks and I frown.

"Sorry, I don't mean to stare, but didn't the Republic fall?" I ask repeating what we had been told this morning. This morning, this morning was when I was talking with Blast and messing with Captain Zero's hair because he hated it. The memories from this morning pain me even more as I look at Minus who is gasping for air, the same Minus who let me use him as a pillow.

"Yes, eight weeks ago. My commander, well, my once was commander helped me remove my chip. Are you a Jedi?" Chip? He says carefully applying bacta to around the scraps on my face and arms before handing me the tube as if to say you finish and he begins to work on Minus. "Do you know what happened to him?"

"No. No, I don't know exactly what happened to him either." My voice shakes as he stares at Minus before packing up his stuff looking ill. "You're not going to help him?" He looks up at me as tears form in his eyes.

"I can't, he's to far gone..." He pauses as I swear I see a year rolls down his face. When he opens his moth to speak I cut him off, "I can sense it! He's still alive you have to try!!" It starts out as a rant and ends with nothing, but a weak quiver of a voice.

"I'm sorry, trust me I want to help him just as much as you do if not more, but I can't do anything about it." I collapse to my knees and let the tears flow as I stare at Minus.

"No, he is the only person I know..." I mutter and gently wrap my hand in his, trying to process why I have sudden strong feelings about leaving him behind. The trooper is silent for a minute before speaking.

"You remind me of someone I knew. Take this and if you're quick about it there's a civilian transport off this rock across town that we haven't shut down yet." He tells me in a low voice passing me a discarded blaster and a charge pack. "Remember yet, I can't guarantee I can help you anymore if you get caught." I nod and we meet eyes once again before I stand up cautiously. "What's your name?"

"Verse."

"Rex."

"Promise me you will stay with Minus as long as you can. Until we meet again Rex." I tell him and he nods, I take a look back before taking off running down the hall hoping to get away from the compound that is currently being swarmed by the white plastoid soldiers.

COMMENT. VOTE. PLEASE!

- STARWARSNERD235