[Chapter Thirty-Three]

Start from the beginning

"You want to try, like for an actual relationship?" I asked him

"Yes and not just because you're pregnant but because I have feelings for you, I've had feelings for you but I guess I just thought you were too perfect to be with someone like me."

"I'm not above anyone else I don't know why you seem to hold me up so high." I sat back against the couch in discomfort; I was so uncomfortable in my own body all the time now.

"Because it's how I see you. You're beautiful and so kind and selfless that it makes me like you more." He was really throwing me for a loop right now.

"Oh." Was my fantastic response

"Are my feelings one sided?" he asked me and I looked down at my hands and shook my head, they most certainly were not.

"No, but my feelings are all messed up right now so I don't know if it's you or because the baby or both." I didn't want to hurt his feelings or anything but I was so confused

"I understand, I just hope that I can make you like me for me." he went from angry to desperate to try this so quick it was making my head spin

"You just found out and you're stuck here with me, how do I know it's not all going to change next week?" I asked him and he gave me a sad smile

"I would say trust me but I don't know if I deserve that." He got down in front of me and rested on his knees "I need you to know that I'm truly sorry for what I said and how I treated you, not just because of the baby but because I'm sorry for treating you that way."

"Why were you so cruel?" I asked him, I just wanted to know why, what did I do to deserve the comments that he made, what I did to deserve him calling me the things he did.

"You were right and it took until the Library to see that, I'm immature and I did think I was entitled to things, I just want to be someone better and you're the reason, you both are the reason, for me to stop making excuses and do it."

"I trusted you and I gave you so many chances and you just took advantage of that, how do I know you're not going to do it again?" I was so guarded with him now, I wish that I could just accept what he was saying and we could see where it goes and that we could be together but I just couldn't. I needed a whole lot more from him than empty words.

"It's different now, you're the mother of my child" He whispered to me.

"I don't know" I was still not so sure about this.

"I'm trying to own up to it all, I'm accepting I was wrong, I'm trying to show you that I can be better. I'm not saying I'll be perfect and we'll be this big happy family but I would like to get there, just give me one last chance to show you that I can change."

"Damon, I'm-"

"Just listen to me, let me explain, please." he cut me off and I closed my eyes and took a deep breath but nodded anyway. It couldn't hurt to hear him out, could it?

 "Alright" I breathed out

"I was jealous. I would see you at school and you just seemed perfect. You're honestly the kindest person I've ever met; you volunteer, donate money and are never too busy to help someone and on top of that you're beautiful. You were, and still are too good for me, and that upset me. I'm not used to that feeling of being inadequate. I can't say I'm smarter than you, or nicer, or kinder, or more mature. You don't take my shit, and you tell me when I'm being an idiot or a complete jackass. I got angry because I didn't want to admit that you were right."

"Was I that mean to you?" I internally cringed; I really hated being mean to people no matter what the circumstances were.

"Oh god no which made me angry as well, I could be an ass and you just always handled it with a high head. I want to be with you Arianna; you always make me feel like a better person than I am"