Part 20

Josh:
We had just gotten off of the plane and I was so tired. I could tell Nessa was too. We got into the actual airport and we went to baggage claim. We got our bags and got an Uber. We took it to the hotel we had and unloaded everything. When we went into our room. Nessa gasped, because right before we left, I changed the hotel room to a suite. We started unpacking and we told everyone we got there okay. Since it was getting kinda late, we decided to go get some dinner in the little cafe part of the hotel. After eating, we went back and watched a funny movie. Ness fell asleep half way through, but we hadn't showered, and we really needed to. So, I shook her awake and got her ready to go in the shower. She showered while i made some posts on social media. When she came out, i just thought, Damn, I'm lucky.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer."

I laughed, remembering the day she told me that exact same quote. I got up and went and showered and threw on some shorts. I got in bed and Nessa cuddled up against my chest. Ugh. She's just too cute for her own good. We finally both fell asleep after talking about random stuff.

The next morning:
Today was the day. I'm going to ask Nessa to be my wife. I woke up without Nessa in the bed. I was confused so I decided to look around. I found her in the bathroom getting ready. She was putting on her makeup, and I didn't need to get ready yet, so I pulled a chair up next to her and watched her admiration.

"What do you want to do today?" Nessa asks.

"I was thinking we could go on a walk around the canal and then maybe have a picnic."

"That sounds super duper fun! Just let me finish getting ready. We should also go to the store and get food and stuff before we go on our adventure."

"Whatever you say, Boss." I say. She laughs in response as I walk away to get ready to go out.

After we got ready and had breakfast, we went to the store to get a bunch of food to stock our little kitchen. We also got some cleaning stuff, more personal hygiene stuff for both of us, and Nessa got some period stuff. We went back to the hotel and put the stuff away. It was my turn to make the bed and I forgot to this morning so I did before we left. We then went back out and it was almost 10, so we started to walk the canal. Nessa saw some birds and she begged me to get some bread at a little local cafe, a couple stores down from the one we were next to.

"No, Ness! They're birds." I say.

"Yeah! They're birds who need some bread!" She says. I laugh and finally give in and go get the bread. I get the bread and go give it back to her. I watch in amazement how she is able to feed the birds. She finally decides she's fed them enogh and we go find the car and I get the picnic stuff. After we have the stuff, we go and find a good spot for the picnic. We dig in and eat almost all the food. We lay on our backs after we finish. I get up, pretending to get grass off me. Nessa has her eyes shut. I get down on one knee and say:

"Ness, there's a bug on you!"

"Where?!" She shrieks and opens her eyes. She looks at me, water already filling her beautiful green eyes.

"Nessa Barrett, you make me the happiest man on this earth. After not being around you, I realized I need you to live. I'm broken without you and I want you to stay in my life forever. So, Nessa Barrett, I'm asking you, will you marry me?"

A single tear ran down her cheek and she just nodded her head yes. I got up off the grass and picked her up and kissed her. I wiped the tear off her cheek and put the ring on her finger. We posted this on Instagram:

@joshrichards

She said yes🖤💍

She said yes🖤💍

Liked by 4.9 million

Comments-
@madlewis- WAIT, WHAT?!
@addisonre- OMG! Congrats!
@jessastan- He really said, "Put a ring on it!"
@swayla- From all the Sway boys, CONGRATS!

Click for more comments

We went back to the hotel and Nessa was still psyched. We did our night routine and go in bed.

"Goodnight, I love you." I say.

"Goodnigh, Joshua. I love you." She says, kissing my lips. Even after all these years the fireworks are still there.

Hey babes<3
This is a super cuteeeee chapter! I had fun writing it. Sorry for any mistakes; it's almost 1 here. Anywho, luv y'all.

COMMENT
VOTE
FOLLOW