Part 39

Josh:
"Time to get up for school, Bud," I say as I wake Drew, who is now 10, to start getting ready for school.

"Daddddd, I don't wanna goooo," Drew complains back to me.

"Sorry, Bud. You better be up when I come back after waking up your sisters," I yell as I walk down the hall toward.

"Hey Babe?" Nessa tells from the kitchen.

"Yeah?" I yell back.

"Can you get me a onesie for Peter? He just had a little spit up," she asks.

"Yeah," I say back.

A few things have changed. As in we have two more kids. Peter Kenneth Richards, who is almost a year old. We also have the precious four year old, Charlotte Janesa Richards, who is also known as Charlie.

I continue to walk down the hallways to get to Katherine's room. "Time to get up, sleepyhead," I tell her and pat her legs.

I go across from Katherine's room into Charlie's room. I turn on her light and run over to pick Charlie up like a princess. She shrieks before nuzzling her head into my chest and closing her eyes again. "Oh, no you don't," I exclaim and toss her into the air. She starts a giggling fit. I find her outfit and help her get changed into her outfit Nessa laid out for her. I then walk over to Katherine and slowly kiss her on her forehead. When I go over to get Mila I find that she is already awake and is reading a book. She is extremely intelligent for an 8 year old. All the girls are finally gets up, so I go to get Peter's onesie.

I go to start making waffles and fruit, since it's a first-day-of-school tradition.

I finish the waffles and add a little face on them with strawberries, blueberries, bananas, and oranges. By that time, the kids were all downstairs and ready to eat.

"Is everyone excited for their first day of school this year?" Nessa asks with a huge grin that she always wears around the kids.

"Eh, fifth grade sounds kinda scary," Katherine replies.

"Yeah, I agree with her. Ice heard horror stories about Mrs. Trinks," Drew says with a stuffed mouth, and continues to devour his waffles.

"Are you excited for preschool, Charlie?" Drew asks.

"Yes." Charlie says deadpan, with absolutely no emotion.

"Well," I say, "i can certainly tell by the emotion," i say and the kids laugh.

"And you, Mila?" I ask her.

"Well, I'm excited about learning, but it will be weird being on the h kid side of the school," she finally settles on an answer.

"Ok kids. I don't want to see you until your chompers are shiny white and you have your backpack on," Nessa tells then and ushers the kids up the stairs. She then takes little Peter over to the living room and sets him on the floor to play with a puzzle.

She walks over to me and hugs me. I set my chin on the top if her head. She sighs, "How have we been parents for 10 years? I mean where has the time gone?"

"I feel the same way. In not too long our babies will be all grown up."

"Ugh, don't remind me. I'm already emotional enough about today. The twins are going into fifth. Mila is going into third. Charlie is going to preschool. And now all we have is Peter," she says with a light chuckle.

I kiss her and we just stand there and hug until we hear feet stomping down the stairs.

"Let me see those white chompers!" Nessa tells the kids.

They all open their mouths as wide as possible and say "ahhh".

"Very good soldiers. Report to the kitchen to get your lunches."

The kids scurry over and Nessa names their names off as she hands them their lunch boxes. She gives them a kiss and I give them a kiss. And then they're off.

Hey babes<3

Phewwww its been a journey y'all. Thank you so much for sticking with me through this story that was kinda shit at the end as I got burned out. I'm sorry about that.

I'm also so sorry about this taking over a month, and it not even being that good. Once they broke up, I got so exhausted with this book.

But thank you nonetheless.

Anywho, luv y'all

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW

for the last time💕

EDITORIAL: so I had to edit this because I forgot to include a whole ass child. Thank you -LUVNESSA- for telling me!