Sixteenth Glitch

V A U G H N

I know and I’m aware that if I seek to find my mom, there’s a probability that I’ll become a perp. That’s the omen given by my future self. Siguro naman hindi pa 'yon ngayon diba? I’ll just check that street if she’s there. I have no bad feeling about this after all. That Ezplasa shit even mentioned that maybe the cradle of the tragedy is when an establishment sets on fire. At wala pa namang nangyaring gano'n. The deal now, is to save the one or the two related to us that will die.

Is that the act of being superheroes without capes, or the act of interfering with their life spans and situation? Such a big deal. I’ve never seen Candary for four days. Maybe she’s willing to intervene too. And doing that thing isn’t unethical.

I supposed to go in this street yesterday, but I spent my whole day reviewing and finishing the final requirements. Today is Sunday. It took me only one ride to find the street. And guess what? It’s only 45 kilometers from our domirtory. I wonder kung gaano na katagal si mom dito. How ironic, I didn’t know we’re on the same place the whole time. Or maybe kalilipat lang?

A typical street in the province greeted me, though this is the capital of this municipality and it’s considered a city. May ilang bahay na may gate, 'yong iba wala. You may notice the wealth of a person sometimes, with the structure of their houses. West Burgos Street gives a nostalgic vibes. It’s like the good old days, when children used to play Patintero outside their houses and say 'bukas na lang ulit', to bid goodbye to their playmates. The road was slightly drenched by the rain last night, and earlier. Medyo naulan pa nga kanina kaya napag-desisyunan kong ngayong hapon na lang pumunta. I brought a folding umbrella with my sling bag, wearing a typical jeans, shirt, and Converse. Makipot din ang daan. Halos diki-dikit ang kabahayan. I also saw some apartments, clothes hanging on the balcony railings. The street looks sound. May ilang mga batang naglalaro, nakaparadang sasakyan, at mga naglalakihang puno ng mangga.

I only heard the name of the street but not the exact address. By that, it will take me long to find my mom's place.

I’m an introverted type of person, but because this is about my mom, I pulled out the courage in me. Nag-dorbell, o kumatok ako sa mga nadadaanan kong kabahayan para magtanong kung may kilala ba silang Celina Luis. Siguro ay nakakawalong bahay na ako na napapagtanungan. Ang iba hindi ako pinagbubuksan. Some are wearing their grumpy faces. What’s wrong with you people? I’m just asking. Just asking, but not asking you to help me with the leg work. Aish.

Sa pang-siyam na bahay na pagtatanungan ko ay bumungad sa akin ang isang matandang babae. I remember the old Vil LOL. Hindi siya pumasok no'ng nakaraan after Candary and I dealt with that glitch.

Her short curly hair are losing its black tint. Freckles are invading her skin. Nakabestida siyang bulaklakin at tsinelas na balbunin. Lumakad siya tungo sa may gate, ngunit hindi muna ito binuksan. Magkatapat kami at ang malapad na gate lang ang pagitan.

“Ano 'yon hijo? May kailangan ka ba?” She asked in a low husky voice.

“I’m just, ah ang ibig ko pong sabihin, tanong ko lang po sana kung may kilala kayong Celina Luis? Kung meron po saan po siya banda rito?” I tried giving a smile like what I did to the previous neighbors.

“Ah Celina ba kamo?” Nangamot siya sa pisngi na tila ba nag-iisip. “Wala akong kilalang Celina hijo, pero may kilala akong Elina.”

Elina? Sounds like?

Did my mom change her monicker? From Cel to Elina? That’s a funny tactic to hide.

“Ay gano'n po? Lola, Luis po ba ang apelyido?” I need a confirmation.