Part 9

Chimon was already on a bus when he received text message. It was from Pluem. Chimon's heaart skipped a beat when he remembered what just happened. He wanted so bad to be happy but he realized the current situation with his family. "It's not the best time to be catching feelings," he thought to himself. But he couldn't forget the feeling of Pluem's lips against his own. He smiled.

Pluem: Hi. Were you able to catch a bus?

Chimon: Yep. I'm at the expressway now. I'll be at the hospital by around 1pm.

Pluem: All right. Be safe.

Chimon didn't know how to respond. Pluem was his first kiss. Ever. And he didn't know what to do next.

Meanwhile, Pluem was a nervous wreck. He kept typing then deleting. Unsure what to say.The two were on their phones typing for several minutes before they finally decided on pressing send. Just after sending their own message, they both received a message from one another.

Pluem: I'm sorry for what I did earlier. I just couldn't stop myself. I understand if you're mad at me right now. I was selfish, I know. But I can't promise not to do it again. I have never felt like this for someone I have just met. But I think I like you, Chimon.

Chimon: I'm sorry I froze when you kissed me. It was my first time. But even though I just stood there like a tree, I want you to know I wanted to kiss you back. I just couldn't move. I have never felt like this before and I don't know why, or how to move forward. But I think I like you Pluem.

Pluem shouted in sheer happiness. And he immediately called Chimon. But Chimon cancelled the call.

Confused, he dialed one more time but Chimon cancelled his call again.

He was about to dial again for the third time when he received a text message from Chimon.

"I know why you're calling and I'm excited to hear your voice but I'm on a bus right now and it's full of people. I'm afraid I won't be able to talk like I want to. I'll just try to sleep now. I'll call you tonight, okay?"

Pluem was relieved. With a big smile, he replied, "I understand. I'll wait for your call. Try to rest then. Be safe."

"Thanks. You too. Set an alarm for your 4pm medications. And text me after you've taken them, ok?"

"Will do boss."

Chimon replied with a smiley. And he was smiling indeed.

His happy mood didn't last long though. Upon arriving at the hospital, he was met with the news that he dreaded: his father's bill after insurance was still 10,000 pesos. Chimon only had 5,000. His mother had none.

He then made the quick decision to run to a nearby mall and sold his phone. He bought it at 15,000 pesos more than a year ago so it should be worth something. After checking out several shops, he sold it to the highest bidder: 7,000 pesos. He cringed at his situation but he didn't have a choice.