Part 2

Chimon texted Dr. New after he got back to the library.

"Hi Doc. I've given Pluem's meds and cleaned his wound. Everything seems to be fine. No signs of infection and no complaints of pain. He requested for me not to disturb him for vital signs checking, tho. Is that ok?"

After several minutes, Dr. New replied.

"Thanks for the update, Chimon. Yes, it's fine. The less time you spend with him, the better. :) Just relax and watch TV in the library. I already told Nina to give you snacks and meals. Please be patient with him. I really don't have the time nor energy to look for another nurse. Thank you so much."

Chimon: No problem Doc. He must have some personal issues but no worries, I can manage. And yeah, Ms. Nina was really nice to me earlier.

Dr. New: Hehe. Tay and I don't have an idea where that kid got all that angst towards others but he's a sweet boy to us and his brothers. By the way, if he gives you a hard time, tell Nina. There are only three people in this world that Pluem is afraid of: Tay and me and Nina.

Chimon: :) I see, Doc. I'll just wait for the next dose of his meds and hang out here in case he needs me. Thank you.

Dr. New: Great. Feel at home, Chimon. I'll talk to you when I get home.

---

At that same time, Pluem heard the telephone on his side table ring.

It was Nina.

Pluem: Hi, nanay. What's up?

Nina: You tell me. What can you say about Chimon, is he better than your previous nurses?

Pluem: He's fine, I guess.

Nina: Oh wow! That makes me so happy!

Pluem: Huh?

Nina: I mean you said he's fine. That's way better than how you described your previous nurses. You said the first one, the young lady, was too flirty. The second one, the tall guy, didn't know what he was doing. And the third, woman my age, was asking too many personal questions.

Pluem: Oh, I remember.

Nina: Uhuh. The two women cried and the guy walked out without in less than an hour! You foolish kid.

Pluem: Well, I told you nanay. Just tell Dad New to teach you how to give my meds and clean my wound and we'll be all right. No need for these strangers coming here. I hate them.

Nina: No way. Syringes scare me. And I don't want to see your wound. The thought of you being shot still gives me so much stress. I still haven't forgiven you for getting into that bar fight. Don't forget.

Pluem: I'm sorry Nanay. It won't happen again. Please forgive me. When I'm better, let's go to Hongkong again. It's been quite some time since I bought you new clothes.

Nina: Nah. No amount of shopping can make me feel better about my baby getting shot.

Pluem: Nanay I'm already 23. Stop calling me baby. Haha.

Nina: I'll stop calling you baby once you act like a man. Now what do you want for lunch? I'll bring food up there so you and Chimon can eat together.

Pluem: Oh no please. Just let him eat with you in the dining room. I'll just eat here in my room alone.

Nina: That's not gonna happen. If I have to, I'll eat with you and Chimon there.

Pluem: Nanay noooo..

Nina: Do you want to be forgiven or not?

Pluem: You're making me more sick Nanay.