Part 7

The ride from the Vihokratana's residence to the mall was an interesting one as Nanon and Frank kept asking Chimon about Drake.

Frank: So kuya Chimon, how's Drake as a bestfriend?

Chimon: Extremely annoying. Haha. But extremely loyal too. He's the type of friend who will kill for you. I mean not literally, I hope.

Nanon: Oooh. Macho. Haha. Most importantly, is he single?

Frank: Nanon!

Nanon: What? It's a simple question.

Chimon: Yep. He looks like your regular college fuckboy but he has actually never had any relationship ever.

Chimon caught Frank smiling after hearing what he said.

Nanon: Told you, kuya Frank. You totally have a shot at him.

Frank: Nanon! I'll kill you.

Chimon and Nanon just laughed.

---

Drake was waiting for them at a coffee shop. His friends have already went home so he was alone. He was sipping on his frappucino when he saw Chimon approaching his table together with two good-looking boys. "Wait, that's Frank Vihokratana from Ateneo de Manila University," he thought. He stood up to welcome them.

"Hey Chimon,"he said. Then turned to Frank, "Hi Frank. I didn't know you knew my bestfriend." And looking at Nanon, "and hello.."

"Nanon, Frank's brother." Nanon said while extending his hand.

"Hello, Nanon." Drake said while shaking Nanon's hand.

After they've all sat down, Drake handed Chimon a paper bag. "There's your order, sir," he joked.

"Thanks. I'll make sure to give you a good review on Shoppee," Chimon joked back.

Chimon felt someone kicking his leg under the table. He then noticed Nanon raising his eyebrows.

"Kuya Chimon, please go with me to the bookstore. I need to buy someone a gift. I need your opinion," Nanon said while standing up.

"Err, okay," Chimon replied. "Drake, please stay with Frank while go buy Nanon's thing."

Drake and Frank were both awkwardly quiet. A few minutes after they were left alone, Drake decided to break the ice.

Drake: So congratulations on being last season's MVP.

Frank: Hey. We both know it would have been you if you didn't get injured. We can split the trophy if you want. Haha.

Drake laughed too.

Drake: No need. Haha. I'm doing well now and I have re-joined the training for this coming volleyball season.

Frank: Oh no. So you're gonna give us a hard time again. But I'm happy you have fully recovered. I wanted to talk you when you got injured last year but I never got the chance.

Drake: Why?

Frank: Nothing. I just wanted to say I'm sorry that that thing happened. You were having a great season.

Drake: Aww. You should have approached me. I was sad and lonely that time.

Frank: Now you're just teasing me.

Drake: Haha. But seriously, I would have appreciated if you tried to talk to me. I kinda like you, you know.

Frank: What?

Drake: As a player, I mean. I'm okay with taunting and swag but I prefer opponents who are focused on the sport and do not rely on psych games to win.

Frank: Ah.. yes. Same with you. I don't remember you ever trashtalking me when we're at the net. And always see you try to help opponents stand up when they fall.

Drake: You're making my head grow bigger now. Makes me excited to play against you again.

Frank: Me too.

Drake: I don't think I'm following you on IG yet. What's your username?

Frank: Frank_V.

Drake: Ok. There. I've followed you now. Hey Frank, you seem to be a cool dude. Let's hangout sometime.

Frank's eyes widened in surprise.

Frank: Sure. I'll message you on IG. What do usually do on your free time?

Drake: Well you know we both have very little free time. After training and school stuff, I barely have time to do anything. But maybe we can eat out or something.

Frank: I know right. Yeah, sure. How about you come visit me at practice one time so I can treat you at our campus' best food place?

Drake: Your teammates might find it weird to see me watching you train but I'd like a campus tour and free food. And you should do the same with me too. We might not have the same high tuition fees as you do at ADMU but the food in UST is worth checking out too.

Frank: Haha. I'm looking forward to it. I just hope you don't forget about this plan after today. If you do forget, I'll target you when I serve next time we play against each other.

Drake: Are you underestimating my floor defense? Haha.

Frank: Haha. No. But I'm not sure if you can keep your word.

Drake: Challenge accepted Mr. Vihokratana. You'll see me in your campus soon.

The two were so engaged in their conversation that they didn't notice Nanon and Chimon arriving with one paper bag each.

Drake soon bid goodbye to them as he had to drive back to his condo.

---

Chimon, Frank and Nanon were able to arrive at the Vihokratana residence at 9:45pm and they were not at all surprised to see Pluem still up, waiting for them. He called them back to his room.

Pluem: So what happened?

Chimon: Well not much. We met Drake in a coffee shop, he gave my stuff, then Nanon asked me to go buy a gift with him so we left Frank and Drake for a while.

Pluem: Wait. Why did you ask Chimon to go with you, not Frank?

Nanon: Nothing. I just wanted to be with Kuya Chimon for a change.

Pluem: Is that so?

Nanon: Yes kuya. And kuya Chimon also bought something at the bookstore so it was good that I asked him to come with me.

Pluem: Right. So Frank, did you enjoy being left alone with Drake?

Frank: Come on, kuya. Fine. No secrets. I kinda like Drake, ok? But it's not like I love him or something. I just find him cute. He seems to be humble and cool. Plus he's always nice to me when we play against each other. That's it. I can have friends too, right?

Pluem hugged Frank while laughing.

Pluem: You're so adorable, Frankie. Of course you can be friends with anyone you want. And Drake is Chimon's bestfriend so he must not be a horrible person. You know I just want to make sure you won't get hurt, right?

Frank: I understand, Kuya. No need to worry about me because I'm no longer a baby. But Nanon is.

Nanon: Hey, I'm 18 years old! I can vote, drink alcohol. I can even go inside motels now. Haha

Both Pluem and Frank threw pillows at Nanon. Now it was Frank's turn to be strict.

Frank: Hey Nanon, you like breathing, right?

Nanon: Yeah?

Frank: Well then behave. See, this is how it goes. Your future girlfriend must be approved by me first, then kuya Pluem, then both dads.

Nanon: I know, I know. And Nanay Nina must like her too. I'm gonna be a 40 year old virgin by the looks of things.

Frank: Well, I don't make the rules. Don't worry, no one will date your ugly face anytime soon anyway.

They all laughed. Including Chimon. "So this must be how it feels to have siblings," he thought while smiling.