14 | dear bird

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 14:

DEAR BIRD

"I'll see you on the other side

"I'll see you on the other side."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

LEAVING THE GRAVEYARD after the girls had retrieved the envelope from the tomb, the group of friends swiftly made their way back to John B's home. It came as a surprise to the four when they arrived at the house and found that it actually wasn't a chaotic mess — they got that impression from when the two men were hunting them down in the house. This can only mean that John B had managed to go home and clean the mess up, most likely during the time that they were separated at the lighthouse.

After arriving at the house, Pope had done a little digging around in John B's closet (with permission) in search for clothes that he would like and will also fit him. The boy manages to grab himself a pair of shorts and swiftly pull it on over the bottom half of his body, no longer having to constantly hold his hand over the top of his crotch to hide it.

Delilah stands in the kitchen as she rummages through the cupboards, noticing how the groceries have hardly been stocked up due to the events that have been happening recently. She decides to ignore it for the time being as she reaches into one of the cupboard and grabs herself a cup. Heading over to the sink, the tap is switched on as the water fills the glass. The girl then lifts it up to her lips and gulps down the liquid to quench her thirst, finishing it and setting the empty glass down into the sink.

JJ can be standing right beside the girl as he too raids the cupboards, choosing not to complain since he can relate to having the struggle of no food in the house. He resorts to picking up two pieces of bread from its packet, as well as a plastic knife to go along with it. Delilah slides the peanut butter over to him where he then begins to spread it onto the bread.

"That bread had mold on it three days ago." Pope informs as he walks past the two.

"I'll just pull off the bad parts." JJ replies, shrugging as he simply chooses to ignore it. "Plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural organism."

"Said who?" Delilah questions.

"Said Einstein." JJ replies.

"I don't think he said that—" Delilah begins.

The sentence is abruptly cut off as the girl watches JJ take a bite out of the sandwich he's just made, knowing that there'd be no point in trying to reason with him. However, the two friends are proven correct as they watch JJ begin to gag at the food. He spits the saliva-filled bite out into the palm of his hand before dropping it down into the bin.