Chapter 19: Keeping It In The Family

Ch. 19: Keeping it in the Family

"Kitten, calm down. Okay?" Ash was currently trying to get me to breathe properly. We were sitting in the parking lot of Sweet Treats and unfortunately for me, I was having a small panic attack. The nerves caught up to me. If you haven't realized yet, its Saturday, aka the day I am to meet my sperm donor father. I was practically shitting bricks at this point.

"Breathe, Rayce," Asher soothed. Could he not see that I was trying to breathe? After five more minutes, I was able to slow down my heartbeat and breathe a lot better. "That's it. Take slow, deep breaths."

"I'm fine. I'm okay. Let's just get this over with," I muttered. I opened my car door and waited for Ash to take my hand.

"Babe, if you want, we can postpone this and do it some other time. When you feel ready," he said. I don't know what was going on with Asher, but ever since I asked him to accompany me to meet Anthony, he's been trying to get me to change my mind. It obviously hasn't worked, but his efforts are making me very curious.

"I can handle this, Asher. As long as you're by my side, I can make it through this meeting," I said before pecking him on the lips. "Now stop pestering me and lets go inside."

When we walked into the cute cafe, I searched the area looking for Anthony. Then I remembered that I have no clue what the man even looks like. I was turning to ask Asher when a familiar face caught my attention. I walked over to the man's table before speaking.

"Oh my god! Kayden Paisley?" I asked. 

"Rayce? Bloody hell! How've you been?" he asked before standing up to hug me. Kayden and I had dated shortly after my break up with Alejandro. We ended on good terms. I had met him on a trip to England and we both knew long distance wouldn't work for us. So we parted as friends. We hadn't spoken to each other much since then, however.

"I'm good! I didn't know you were in California. How's your parents?" I asked. Asher cleared his throat. "This is my husband Asher, by the way. Asher, this is Kayden."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Ash said shaking Kayden's hand.

"Likewise," Kayden replied. "How long have you been married, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Oh, not too long. A little over three weeks," I said. 

"So you're still in the honeymoon stage. I missed those days. Now we have two kids," he laugh.

"You're married?! That's's amazing!" I exclaimed.

He laughed, "Yes, for a year now. We're actually here to meet his son for lunch. Ah, here he comes."

"Sorry bout that. Hello, who's your...Asher?" the mystery man said. He was fairly good looking. About 6ft 3 with a muscular build, black hair, and ice blue eyes. He had a bit of stubble on his face and had an impeccable taste in clothing. But wait? Does he know my husband?

"Ah, Anthony. It's nice to see you again," Asher stated looking at me strangely.

"I see you met my husband, Kayden," Anthony said. I wonder if this is the same Anthony we're supposed to be meeting. It would make sense.

"Oh, so this is the Asher you used to date. I should have realized," Kayden chuckled. "Not too many men are named Asher. Its not a very common name."

Wait what? Now I'm really hoping this isn't the same Anthony. Please God, I'm begging you to let this be a whole different Anthony!

"And who is this?" Anthony said holding out his hand. I shook it.

"This is Rayce Knight. We used to date way back when. Asher is his husband. Isn't that a coincidence? Our exes are now married!" laughed Kayden.