Chapter Thirteen: I Don't Understand

Our weekend was pretty much amazing. Asher and I spent some alone time together, wink wink, and then we hung out with the kids. It was great we decided to make it an every Sunday type of thing.

It had been two weeks since that weekend. We were spending Saturday relaxing at my house when my door bell rung.

"Coming!" I yelled down the hall. I thought it was the Chinese delivery guy. It wasn't.

I opened the door to be faced with someone I would have never thought would make an appearance at my house.

"Uh, Rayce, right?" said the mystery person. Holy tamales! Why in the world would he show up at my house?

"Ethan?" I asked, still very much in shock. "How-- what-- I don't understand. What are you doing here? How do you know where I live?"

"I'm sorry. Is this a bad time?" he asked looking over my shoulder. I felt an arm wrap around my waist.

"Babe, who is this?" Asher asked me. I was so freaking shocked. Like you have no idea how shocked I was.

"Uhm, this is, uh, Ethan Hall. Alejandro's boss," I stated. and ex-lover, but that's not exactly important right now.

"Ah," Asher said nodding his head. He already knew the story of Alejandro and Ethan. "Mr. Hall, I believe we met a couple of years ago at the Lennon's Memorial Banquet for Mr. Chadwell Lennon. Its a pleasure to see you again."

What a liar. Ash is a kiss ass, I tell ya.

"Right, Asher King, isn't it?" he asked. Ash nodded before shaking his hand.

"Not to be rude or anything, but why are you here, Ethan?" I interrupted.

"Right, I just wanted to talk to you for a minute. If that's okay," he replied. Wow. Uh, well this is going to be awkward. I opened the door wider so he could come in. We all sat down in the living room just staring at each other. Actually, Asher wouldn't stop staring at me. It was getting a bit uncomfortable for me.

"So, what do I owe this visit to?" I inquired,

"Right. Well I wanted to talk to you about Alejandro," he began. "He said some very interesting things to me the other day and I can't seem to get over it. I was hoping you could shine some light on the situation."

Why do the most ridiculous things happen to me? What am I? The love specialist or something?

"Uh, what exactly did he say?" I asked.

"Well, he told me that you told him to get over me or to fight for me," Ethan replied. "I don't know exactly why you would encourage that. Alejandro and I haven't had any form a personal relation since what happened years ago. So, um, I guess I'm a little confused by why you would tell him something like that."

"Well, I told him that because he had this crazy as idea that we were in love and supposed to be together forever or something (insert scoff from Asher) and I told him that he could not push his unrequited love for you, on to me. Simple as that," I stated. "Honestly, I don't care why you ended your little love affair way back when. I just didn't want him interfering with my newly improved life."

"I still don't understand why you would tell him something as silly as trying to fight for me. Alejandro was a silly little fling. He was just a nice piece of ass. My wife and I were having problems back then and I needed a getaway drug, that was Alejandro," he argued. What a jackass!

"Look, I really don't like you, as is. But I will not sit here and listen to you talk shit about Alejandro. I know he and I aren't friends, but he does not deserve some stick in the mud, receding hairline, stuck up, pampered bitch, of a jackass talking about him," I said angrily. Alejandro has caused me a lot of annoyance in my life but no one deserves to be talked about like that. Especially by someone they poured their heart out to.