Epilogue: The Ending Means a New Beginning

"And today daddy, I kissed Jade under the slides," my son said. I choked on my own spit. 

"You did what, Max?" I asked. That's right! five years later and Asher and I have another child. We adopt Max four years ago. He's now six and a very rambunctious child of ours. 

When Shane and Shawna left, we wanted to add another bundle of joy into our house soon after but we waited a year and ta-da! We now have Max Christopher King. Mikey and Mickey took well to being a big brother and sister. Now that they are 11 years old, they take their roles at older siblings very serious.

"I said, daddy, that I kissed Jade under the slide. Gosh daddy! Try to listen closely," he sighed. I shook my head at my son. He was to smart for his own good.

"Why did you do that, Max? You shouldn't kiss people like that," I said.

"Why not? You kiss daddy Asher," he replied.

"I kiss daddy Asher because we love each other and we're married," I said.

"Well, I like Jade, she's my friend," he replied. I smiled.

"I know hun, but that's not the same as me kissing daddy. You can kiss someone you love when you're older," I smiled.

"So I can't kiss you and daddy Asher until I'm older?" he questioned.

"We're your daddies. You can kiss us because we're family and we love you," I tried to reason. Why do we always have such smart children?

"Oh okay!" he giggled before continuing to tell me about his day at school. When we got home he ran to look for his daddy to tell him the same story. Soon after I felt arms wrap around my waist as I was preparing a snack for the kids.

"So our son has had his first kiss," my husband's husky voice entered my ear.

"That's correct," I replied leaning deeper into his hold.

"Three years earlier than Mikey. I don't think this is very good."

"I agree. Why are our babies growing up so quickly?"

"Who knows, kitten. Who knows."

"I missed you today," I said turning around in his arms and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I missed you too," he replied placing his lips on mine.

"Eww! Daddy!" Mikey and Mickey said as little Max began to giggle. 

"Yay! Lets kiss!" he said kissing his brother and sister on the cheek then running to Asher and I to give us kisses.

Asher and I laughed before kissing him on both cheeks together. 

"We have such great kids," I muttered to Asher.

"And they have such a great daddy," he said kissing me lightly on the forehead as we watched them run off to the living room.

I looked up at him and smiled, "Ditto."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Well. This is sadly the end for now. I had such a great time writing for all of you. I hope you guys will continue to read my books and continue to motivate me to keep writing. I may not know you guys personally, but I am so grateful to have been able to entertain you and to have your support. I love you all! -- Love JPhinx