CHAPTER SEVEN: SO WE MEET AGAIN

 Daniel Samonas as Alejandro Vincincelli----->

          It’s been a few days since the Alejandro fiasco. Everything had gone back to how it previously was. I still hadn’t had a semblance of a conversation with Asher. Which, I honestly didn’t care about. Obviously the guy wasn’t interested in me.

          The kids were doing wonderful in school. I had received a letter the day before and it stated that their teacher would like to have a conference to discuss their progress. I had scheduled it for the next Friday, which just so happened to be in two days.

          Everything was finally going right for me. I hadn’t been contacted by Alejandro and there hadn’t been any sign of drama in the past five or so days.

          My cousin from Texas, Danni Bleu, had decided to visit the following week. I was really excited to see her. It had been months since I last seen her. Danni and I were extremely close both in age and familiarity. She is like my best friend, after Niall of course. I had everything set for her visit. Even the kids were excited to meet her; I guess I talked about her an awful lot.

          What I wasn’t expecting, however, was a surprise visit from Asher King. That was a shock to my system.

          Like any other Wednesday, I was a busy bee. I normally didn’t go into work on Wednesdays for the main fact that I liked to make it a habit to go out and do photography on Wednesdays. The elderly swim aerobics class was every Wednesday and I always managed to get a few good snaps in of the patrons at the local gym. Seeing Asher King walk into my office that Wednesday was a total shock.

          “Hello, Mr. King,” I said, trying to stay as professional as possible. That entire BS about not caring about him contacting me was exactly that, bullshit.

          “Good afternoon, Rayce. How have you been?” he asked. Like seriously? Did he just ask me how I have been when he was the one that didn’t even call or anything? Douche-bag. Wait Rayce, you two aren’t even dating.

          “I’m fine, thank you. What, may I ask, is the meaning for this visit?” I asked. He walked to my desk and took a seat across from me. He looked so poised and confident.

          “I’ve noticed that Shane and Shawna have been spending a lot of time at your place,” he began. Where was he going with this?

          “Yes and your point is?” I inquired. He looked way too hot for my liking. His hair was gelled into a very stylish way, her reminded me of that show Suits. God, Gabriel Macht is so fucking sexy. Sigh.

          “Well, I think it is a bit inappropriate for them to spend so much time at your home,” he continued. Is he shitting me right now?

          “Excuse me?” I demanded.

          “They are only in high school. And I don’t want you saying any negative things about me to my kids,” he replied.

          “First of all, they are only there because they babysit the twins for me if I can’t make it to pick them up afterschool. And secondly, if the twins are saying anything or doing anything towards you, that is of their own accord. I don’t talk to anyone about you because that’s a waste of my time. What you do is your business. I couldn’t care less what it is you do,” I scoffed. He had some nerve to come here and say something like that to me.

          “Is that so? Then why is it that I have caught your little friend, Alejandro was it, practically stalking me? That doesn’t sound like you don’t care to me, Mr. Knight,” he said as if boasting about catching me in whatever act he believed I was a part of.