Chapter Eight: As Time Goes On

CHAPTEREIGHT:AS TIME GOES ON

Vanessa Marano as Astrid Mayer---->

Months began to pass and I became more focused on my art and spending as much time with the twins as possible. Their first year in school had come to an end and I still had yet to make amends with Asher King. Life was moving on. Time was going by. And I was growing older.

          I had spent the whole of the twin’s spring break with them. We went to Disney World and enjoyed 7 days of play with Mickey and Minnie Mouse. My Mikey and Mickey loved that. We had a blast and the kids seemed to really like spending time with their Auntie Alecka and Auntie Marie, whom have yet to have begun a relationship. I believed it was time to set the two up after our little vacation.

          Shawna and Shane were invited to join us for the trip but their father, the jackass, did not agree for them to travel with me though those weren’t his exact words I am sure that is what he had meant. They did, however, go to the beach the whole week with Astrid and their friends as I was told by Astrid. They sent me pictures and I sent them pictures of the twins. My life was looking up.

          By some unknown wonderful reason, Alejandro stopped contacting me. I like to think it has something to do with his rumored new boyfriend. As long as he leaves me alone I couldn’t care less what he was doing with his time. I was just happy to be rid of that psychotic dip shit (excuse my language).

          Mom and Michael were planning on renewing their vows and had decided to allow me to do the wedding preparations (by decided I mean I got my dear old mummy to beg). Sammy and Niall were still not together. I berated Niall on the fact that if he wanted to date her, he had to grow the proper balls to do so.

           Did I forget to mention that my dear old cousin Dani was finally dating her boss? My mom and I gushed over it for days! I told her that she would snag that handsome God of a man eventually! Luckily we were there for her birthday party to watch them flirt on the dance floor. It was too cute, even though it was a hetero-couple I still found it oddly adorable.

          It wasn’t until my parents nuptials till I ran into Asher King. He had a nice little twink on his arms for the gay occasion, get it? ‘Gay’ occasion? Sigh, of course you’d think I was being lame. Unfortunately for me, I hadn’t had enough time to look for a date what with planning the vow renewal and working on my new collection.

          I was at the bar when he approached me with his teenager of a date. Oh, excuse me, eighteen counts as an adult, right?

          “Good evening, Rayce?” Asher said to me. He was smirking like the jerk he was.

          “Good evening, Mr. King. Who’s your toddler—I mean date?” I said. I knew I had one too many glasses of champagne. That was why I tried not to drink. I never knew when to stop. Asher laughed at me while his date glared. As if I cared. I took another sip out of my glass flute.

          “This is Aiden Carlisle. He’s a…friend, you could say,” he explained. Did it look like I care?