Chapter 17: Surprise Call

Chapter 17:Surprise Call

It's only been a week since our wedding. We spent majority of this week packing up my old place and transferring all the twins and I's things to the King residents.

I'm still not use to being a King. It feels so weird to me. I've been a Knight my whole life, just about, and now I'm a King. Its all so surreal.

Anyway, Asher and I were supposed to go to a business meeting for a friend of my dad's but Asher had a meeting with a client of his so Niall was tagging along instead.

"So, how's married life?" he asked as we were driving down the road. I smiled in his direction.

"Oh man. It's great. There is nothing like waking up to the love of your life everyday. How's being an almost daddy treating you?" I asked him in turn.

"I don't know, man. I'm so scared I might ruin my kid's life. I don't know what's going to happen after this kid is born," he replied.

I sighed. "Really, Niall? You have nothing to worry about. You treat the twins as if they were your own kids so I know you will be a great dad! Don't worry too much about that. You and Sammy will raise your kids wonderfully."

"Thanks dude. Man, its so weird to think just last year we were both single and crushing on people. Now you're married, and to my uncle! And now I'm going to be a dad," he exclaimed. "Its just so weird thinking about how much our lives are going to change. Will we even get to have our random adventures anymore? Whats going to happen to us?"

"What do you mean? Nothings going to change between us, Nially! We're best friends! And besides, remember when the twins came into our life? You asked the same question. I honestly think you worry too much," I shook my head. "We made it through the twins coming into our lives and we will def make it through my marriage and your baby! We will always be friends, Niall. We might have to hold off on the random adventures for awhile but they aren't going to disappear completely."

He smiled at me. We had pulled up to the restaurant and got out the car, Niall gave the valet his car keys. We walked to the entrance together.

"Hey, Rayce?" he asked.

"Yeah, man?" I replied.

"Thank you for being my best friend." I swear to you that I just about cried. It was that emotional to me.

I chuckled and walked into the restaurant.

~ ~ ~

The meeting went by rather quickly. Niall and I decided to call it an early night, I had to get home to the kids and he needed to get home to Sammy.

"See you later dude," Niall said as I got out his car.

"Later," I waved. "Hello? Is anybody home?" I called as I walked into the house.

"Hey dad!" Shawna exclaimed walking down the hall with the twins and Alyssa following close behind.

"Hi Mr. King," Alyssa said. I raised my eyebrow at her. "I mean Rayce."

"Hi Alyssa. Hi Shawna," I replied.

"Daddyyyyyyyyy!" exclaimed the twins. I hugged them both.

"Hey, kiddos! Have you been on your best behaviour?" I asked them.

"Of course, daddy!" Mickey responded. She was starting to sound and act like Shane. I don't know how I feel about that.

"Yes, daddy!" Mikey replied. My little man is so cute. He was actually quieter than his ever smiling sister.

"Good. You know what that means?"

"Pizza for dinner!!!" they exclaimed. I laughed and shook my head.

"So," I said once the kids were back in the living room with Alyssa and the pizza was ordered. "Where's your dad?"

"What, you aren't going to ask where your ever so lesbian daughter is?" Shawna asked, smartly.

"Oh come on. The only place Shane goes is to Astrid's. I'm not worried about that. And should you really be saying something about her being my lesbian daughter? Whats going on with you and Alyssa? And don't try to say 'nothing', I won't and don't believe that," I stated.

"Whatever, dad. And seriously there is no--" I stared her down. "Fine. We don't really know what's going on right now. We know that we are attracted to each other and that we like making out with each other. But that's seriously just it."

"I'm pretty sure that's not just it, but whatever. I'll go along with what you're saying for now. You can go back to her and the twins if you wish. Here's money for the pizza. I'm going to go take a shower," I said handing her fifty dollars.

"Righty-o daddy-o," she said before going back into the living room. I laughed and went upstairs to take a shower.

It had been a long day for me and I was ready to go to sleep. After my shower I heard the house phone ring. It stopped so I figured Shawna answered it. A minute later there was a knock at my door.

"Dad? It's for you," Shawna said before walking in and handing the phone to me.

"Okay. Hey is the pizza here?" I asked. She nodded and left. "Hello?" I said through the phone. Someone cleared their throat before answering.

"Yes, um, is this Rayce Knight?" they answered.

"Uh, actually it's Rayce King now, but yes. Who, may I ask, is calling?" I asked.

"Right. Um, my name is Anthony Swift. I received your number from your mom. I'm, well this is hard, but I'm your biological dad. I was hoping we could have a chance to speak face to face. You and your sister," the man said.

What the actual fuck?

~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
What's this? A potential biological father for Rayce and Lecky? Hmm. How strange. Sorry it's been so long guys! College has been super stressful. But next week I go on break so hopefully I will have another chapter up by Wednesday or Thursday. Fingers crossed. I hope you enjoy this short chapter. Vote, comment, follow! -Love JPhinx