Kabanata 7

Jealous

Sometimes it seems as if life is passing us by. As well as time. When we are children, time ambles by, with endless car journeys and summer holidays which seem to last forever. But as adults, time seems to speed up at a frightening rate, with vacations and birthdays arriving more quickly every year.

The last week of school was for clearances and releasing of final grades. Mabuti at nakapasok kaming apat sa honor roll. I heard that Maddox passed his all subjects. He really worked hard and promise to be better next school year. He better be, grade 12 is no joke.

Vacation came and I decided to just stay home. Wala rin ako sa mood para magtravel. Charlotte and her family went to Palawan while Max visits her Grandma in States. Lou also went to visit her brother in Hawaii. I didn't visit my ate knowing she was busy. Her next fashion show is about to happen kaya ayoko namang maging abala sa kanya.

Maddox keeps his routine every day, bringing cookies and flowers. He also confirmed on his social media that he's dating the great Milana. He also forbids others to call me Cleo. Gusto nya raw ay sya lamang. Napakaarte. We literally spend a vacation together, natuwa rin ako na nagpipicnic kaming dalawa. I also introduced him to my parents. Kabado kami pareho dahil ito ang unang pagkikita nila.

"'My and 'Dy. This is Maddox. The one I told you about" basag ko sa katahimikan noong naglulunch kami sa bahay.

"Hijo, so you're courting my daughter?," panimula ni Mommy.

"Yes po. She's very beautiful and kind. Kaya hindi mapipigilang mahulog. Now that I'm seeing you, Madame, alam ko na po kung kanino sya nagmana" binalandra pa nito ang ngiti niya.

Napahagikgik agad doon si Mommy. I know she will like him. Pero nawala din iyon ng magsalita si Daddy.

"So you're courting her because she's pretty? Dapat ay hindi ganung aspeto ang hinahanap sa isang relasyon. Principles and values are more important than looks" Daddy said in a cold tone.

Agad napabaling ang tingin ko kay Maddox. He relaxed and cleared his throat.

"I agree to that Sir. I'm lucky that I meet your daughter, she's not just pretty, her attitude and values are one of her best assets too, kaya lalo syang gumaganda. A lot of students envy her but she didn't take advantage of that, parati pa rin nyang pinararamdam sa iba na maswerte ang mga ito sa kung anong meron sila. You raised her so well, Sir" namula ako sa narinig. I heard a lot of compliments but hearing it from him, bigla akong nahiya.

That's how he met my parents. Sa kabilang banda ay hindi ko pa nakikita ang pamilya nya. He canceled the meeting because they have an emergency. Ang Mommy nito sa biglang inatake ng high blood pressure. Kaya nagpahinga na lamang ito sa bahay. It's fine with me though, hindi pa naman kami official kaya awkward naman kung ipakilala agad ako.

Enrollment when I bond again with girls. Marami na ulet itong mga kwento at pasalubong. I'm happy that they have a great time with Maddox too. Kaya lang minsan ay nag-aasaran ang mga ito kung sinong mas mahal ko. In the end, Maddox will just pout and put his head on my shoulder. Pagkatapos ay tatawanan na namin ito. The rumors become normal to me, Janine on the other hand keeps her distance. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ganun. I remember when I was waiting for them in a faculty para kunin na ang grades, I didn't mean to eavesdrop. Aalis na sana ako roon pero naharangan din agad ng iba pang guro.