"You know, that was good thinking back there when we were getting chased." Kie tells her, deciding to change the subject from the seagulls.

"You lot underestimate me sometimes." Delilah comments.

"It's because you're normally known for acting out last minute, but also because you make some stupid choices with JJ." Kie reminds.

"Yeah, whatever." Delilah says, jokingly nudging her friends arm with a smile. "Okay, since we're up here, you know what that means."

"No, I don't actually." Kie replies, trying to think of what is could be. "What does it mean?"

"Girl talk!" Delilah exclaims. "So, let me begin the topic of conversation; is there something going on between you and John B?"

Kiara freezes slightly, not expecting that question to come out of her friends mouth. A look of both pure confusion and disbelief crosses over Kie's face at just how that assumption was even been created in the first place. Delilah only seems to ignore this look as she sits up from her place on the tiled roof, allowing her body to properly turn around and face the brunette girl.

"What? Why would you ask that?" Kie asks.

"Are you kidding me?" Delilah begins, laughing lightly in amusement. "You've been so concerned about him recently, then kissing his cheek and shit."

"I'm just being friendly." Kie argues with a small shrug, not thinking of it as a big deal.

"Friendly?" Delilah repeats, scoffing lightly. "I'm telling you right now that he's probably getting the wrong ideas. He probably thinks that you have a crush on him or something."

"What? No!" Kie protests.

"Then what is it really?" Delilah asks.

"I'm just worried about him." Kie admits.

"Why?" Delilah questions, brows furrowing. "He seems fine to me."

"He's not. You and I both know that, Lila." Kie tells her. "With his dad gone, he's been getting himself into more trouble. And you and JJ aren't exactly helping with that."

"Sorry." Delilah awkwardly apologises. "We're just trying to cheer him up and take his mind off things."

"No, no, I get that. Anyway, it's his choice whether he does that or not." Kie states with a sigh. "But now he has this compass, which he said was his dads, and I'm scared that he's going to go off course with hope that Big John is still out there."

"Maybe there's still a possibility." Delilah suggests.

"Lila." Kie sternly says.

Delilah just sighs in response as she pulls her knees up against her chest where she hugs them tightly. Her attention moves down to her hands, watching as she fiddles with the ends of her ginger hair. None of the four friends believe that Big John, who is JB's father, is actually still alive to this day. However, not a single one of them are willing to say it out loud in front of the boy it in fear of hurting his feelings.

"We kind of went off topic." Delilah suddenly speaks up, breaking the silence.

Kie furrows her brows, confused. "What?"

"I'll just be straight up with my question; do you have a crush on John B?" Delilah asks.

"I—" Kie begins.

"I'm not taking 'I'm just being friendly' as an answer." Delilah interrupts. "Yes or no?"

"No." Kie replies. "Besides, even if I did, no Pogue-on-Pogue macking, remember?"

"None of us actually care about that stupid rule, you know that, right? It's just because we're all close friends." Delilah tells her.

"Well, it's kept them from doing anything from the time we've known them." Kie argues.

"You said it yourself, John B has been getting himself into trouble. Who says he won't break the rule we made and make a move on you?" Delilah continues, a hint of a smirk playing on her lips.

Kie shoves her playfully. "Shut up. He's not going to do that."

"Bitch!" Delilah exclaims, bursting out laughing as she glances at the ground beneath. "You nearly pushed me off the roof, holy shit."

"Say one more word about John B having a crush on me and I will make sure that I do." Kie tells her in a jokey manner.

"You wouldn't." Delilah replies. "You wouldn't be able to handle not having another girl in the group, or missing out on our little girl talks."

"You're right." Kie admits with a smile. "What would I do without your dumbass, Lila?"

"I don't know, what would you do, asshat?" Delilah fires back.

The two girls from over at each other, thankful that they have one another and the boys in their lives. Kie slings an arm around the redheads shoulder, pulling her into a warm hug. Delilah just leans into her side and soaks in the friendly affection being made.