Chapter 33, confrontation as shit hits the fan

Start from the beginning

"What the fuck Kyle?" That's when I felt an old leathery hand in my shoulder.

Shit.Shit.Shit.Shit. Did she see that?

Crap, I'm dead.

"What do You think you are doing over here?" I was met with the old hag wearing a ' brightmoon concessions ' shirt.

"Cheering for my friends ma'am" I responded as cooly as possible knowing she couldn't lay a finger on me here.

She is always had and always will be powerless in public. The thing about my abuser is she isn't a drunk. She knows exactly what she is doing to me every second of every day. She uses pain as motivation as well as punishment. She just says it'll make us work harder or we'll thank her someday.

" I suggest you get your ass to our side, or suffer the consequences later. I cannot have anyone working today see you fraternizing with our opponents, yelling obscenities at the top of your lungs, at your own school I should add. Disgusting child. I have failed as a care giver " without any other words she left.

I stared her down, not showing any visible signs of fear, but if I'm honest I felt like dying. Octavia put a hand on my shoulder and stood up.

"Hey, I'll go with you, I'll text Huntara too" she whispered in my ear. Kyle and Rogelio also stood up to leave. I'm not an idiot, but I have An image to uphold, so I stayed slouching on the bench and started talking to some girls behind me.

The mainly wanted a picture to post on their stories and stuff, but it was nice. I wasn't this popular when I first went to the horde. It is more like a respect kind of deal. People know how I'll stick my neck out for you if you're decent, but won't hesitate to fight you if you get in my way. It's just the way things are at that school and I stepped on a lot of people but helped a lot too. The people I helped liked me, the people I stepped on respected me, that's all there is to it.

I directed my attention to the field to see Adora sprinting into the end zone. I jumped up and started screaming like a dying cat, which got me nasty glares from everyone.

"Sorry, that's my girlfriend, so ya know how it is" I smiled and looked at the crowd as most of them started to whistle and cat call me.

Geez I miss the joking and teasing of the Horde. Every one is so uptight in this town. No one can take a joke or insult and not ball their eyes out.

It's annoying.

I flipped them all off and leaned against the fence, getting ready to head over to the locker room to meet Adora. I pushed my self off and took one step in the direction of the exit when I heard a group of footsteps behind me.

"An so the Cat's mommy called her back to the den?" I was met with a spitting image of Coach Hordak.

"Nah, it's cause my girlfriend plays for the other team and I want to consol her cause I'm a decent person. Any person who didn't have an ass for brains would understand that, but maybe I gotta slow it down for you to understand" I chuckled to myself as I felt the eyes of my supporters on me," I.... Am... A... Decent... Person.... With.... A... Girl...friend "

"You little bitch " someone only short enough to be a freshman called from behind him. He shushed them immediately with an irritated scowl.

"I can tell you are lying. I can read you like a book that's why I'm top of my-"

He was cut of by my fist colliding with his jaw. Octavia had to have a double take as I turned to walk away. I got multiple cheers from the Horde's student section, so if course I took in the applause.

There where whistles and people hopping down to dap me up. I even got a few kisses on the cheek as I walked slowly through the procession of high schoolers.I

Adora would be so jealous of she saw this. Even thinking about it makes me laugh.

That's when the tiny freshman guy charged at me, but Rogelio checked him like he was fly. He got the ground with a heavy thud followed by a muted grown. Mr. Tiny Hordak was dusting himself off, trying to look composed, but his bleeding lip told a different story.

"You will regret this you ashhole. I shwear no one makesh a fool out of me" he slured as most of the student section started  laughing at him.

"Whatever you damn prick, sure I will, cause your scrawny ass could totally beat me up. But remember, you can kill a king, but he'll always have his supporters" I laughed and left the stands followed by people chanting 'long live the king ' as the final seconds fell off the clock.

Game over bright moon.

ADORA'S POV

My head hung in my hands as the game had ended. I had made 3 touchdowns, by myself I should add, and we still lost. I started to head over to the locker room, ignoring Lonnie and Scorpia's encouraging words. The eventually left me alone as I walked along the chain link fence.

Why did it annoy me so much Catra was cheering for her friends...

Probably cause she embarrasses the Shit out of you and seemed to be living it up with her old pals.

I bet hot topic girl was allll over Catra...

I tightened my death grip on the face mask of my helmet and  had almost run into a tall woman with flowing hair  with an angry gaze.

"Sorry... I didn't see you there" I smiled as the woman turned around.

She looked furious, but her angry expression twisted into a smile as she looked down at me.

Yay... The head mistress of Catra's hell hole. I am not in the mood for this.

"Adora, is it? I apologize for Catra and her harsh words during the game. She is such a disappoint sometimes. But on well, what can a mother do? You played fabulously by the way, and I can't help but think how much better you would've played where not for her" she smiled and rambled on longer and longer.

"I actually thought Catra's words increased our moral of I'm honest, they did for me" I smiled bitterly trying to prove the woman wrong.

"You too seem to have gotten very close recently, I'm glad my Catra has someone like you" she put her hands her pockets.

"Yeah, She is always there for me and She reminds me how to have fun" I couldn't help but smile.

"I am so happy Catra chose you to be her girlfriend, you are a perfect pare" her face faltered at the work girlfriend but I had second guess it was there because it was already gonw.

"Girlfriend? Geez Catra called her girlfriend?!" I smiled happily,
" I mean we've gone on dates, but...I know? "

"Well I'd love to have you over for dinner to... Discuss... Your relation ship this Sunday after noon" her smile contorted in pain as she said those words.

I just fucked up...

"Mrs. Weaver, I am actually having a party after the game and into Saturday, is it okay if Catra comes along?" I pulled Shit out of my ass, trying to save Catra a few days away from the hag

" It's kinda like a study for... Uh our science test Wednesday thing, a-and then Bow's dads have a thing at the university that we where invited to right before the game. It's kinda like a tour of the school for promising looking athletes, and Bow's dads have cause quit the site about her. " I smiled as best as I could, trying to sell it.

I had put her in a hard place. If she said no, She looks like she doesn't want her kids to succeed, but If she said yes, She can't mess so the her until Sunday. It's was an ultimate check mate play that she could not escape.

"Yes, that sounds wonderful, just make sure to bring her back in one piece in Sunday. Good by Adora!" She waved awkwardly and limped  toward the concession stand.

Only then I released a breath I didn't I was holding.