Chapter 24, Steak n' Shake

ADORA'S POV

We where sitting in the steak n' shake waiting for Bow and Glimmer. We left school early so Catra had been trying to teach me to skate for the last 2 hours. It was kinda sweet, she kept running beside me and tryna catch me when I inevitably fell. She would pull me around an empty parking lot by my hand. It's was fun, scary as shit, but fun.

But now I'm hungry.

The better hurry up, I swear my stomach is gonna eat itself.

I saw Bow and Glimmer pull their car up next to mine and start walking to the door. They walked right past Catra without noticing her practically fighting the claw machine.

"Adora! Oh my gosh don't spare us any details. How combative was she?" Glimmer gushed as she slid into the booth, Bow sliding after her.

"Yeah... She was really fucking crazy, remind me not to piss her off" Bow chuckled.

Catra stalked up behind and was leaning on the back of their booth. She smirked at me and tossed me a fuzzy orange bear. The look of pure horror on both their faces when she sarcastically responded was comedic gold.

"Yeah I'm crazy, and no I didn't fight with your mum dumb ass. I pick and choose battles" she picked her nails and she slid into the booth next to me.

The table was getting more and more heated by the second, so I did the only thing I could think of to lighten the mood, which was distract Bow. He would probably over react in a funny way, which could change the subject.

I swung one of my arms over Catra with a chuckle and pulled her closer to me. She leaned into me slightly and smirked.

"I guess she is just a smart dumb ass then, right kitty cat?" I was pulling shit out of my ass at this point, but it worked.

Bow squealed and talked in a voice so high it was hardly audible, " Glimmer, look they are AdOrAble! They even have pet NaMEs. "

We all chuckled at his voice cracks as our waitress walked over. Catra and I promptly separated and scooted apart. Catra just ordered fries and a shake, while the rest of us got a normal and human meal.

I guess not eating lunch really messed with my stomach.

"Did you win her that bear?" Glimmer pointed at the Orange plush on my lap.

" Yeah, it's not the one I was going for though " she frowned a little.

I chuckled and pushed her shoulder playfully.

"I still love it, so don't worry" I smiled as Bow whisper shouted nonsense at Glimmer.

Our food was brought out before Glimmer could question me and Catra again. I took the pickles off my burger and put them on my plate. Catra smirked and snatched them of my plate ate them like a ravenous beast.

"don't waist food Blondie, ever heard of reduce, reuse, recycle?" She raised an eyebrow quizzically.

"Catra that's for plastic and stuff, not food" Glimmer chuckled and took a bite out of her borger," Also, what's up with you too? Catra almost murders someone, and now you guys are basically married? "

"Us, what about you two? Y'all didnt think I'd notice you holding hands under the table?" Catra pointed a French fry accusingly at Glimmer," As for me and Adora, my lips are sealed, home slice"

Bow and Glimmer both blushed and turned back to there food, not mentioning a word. Catra chuckled and leaned against me dramatically. She tried feeding me a French fry, but I wasn't paying attention, so it crashed lifelessly into the side of my cheek.