28. What's Happening

Shehnaaz couldn't believe what she just saw.

☆ ☆ ☆

SHEHNAAZ POV

Did he just throw the paper away? Like after all of this, this is the reaction that I receive? Oh shit, maybe I was overthinking. What if he takes me only as a best friend?

No Shehnaaz, how is that possible.

Didn't he tell me "My problem is that I like you"? What does that mean then?

Enough. This is not done. First best friends, then flirt and tell me that I like you. When, FINALLY, I tell him that I like him. What does he do just throw away my note? Seriously?

This time I'm not going to let this happen. Sidharth can not wish for things to happen his way all the time. I'm not going to let this happen.

Whenever he wishes we are "Just Best Friends " and whenever he wishes he can tell me he likes me.

You know what I'm not going to speak to him. We aren't even best friends now since anyways things are going to get sheepish. So it's better I'll ignore him. Anyways, I'm sure he will be doing the same.

☆ ☆ ☆

That day after work Sidharth did not come out of his cabin even after, 7 p.m. He stayed in. Shehnaaz had made up her mind to ignore him. So she proceeded to go home by herself.

As she got down, she saw a car waiting for her. It wasn't Sidharth's car. It was a white Mercedes Benz. Sidharth had a Black BMW, at least that's what she knew about.

She didn't pay much vigilance to the car and began to move towards the gate as she tried booking a cab while walking. Suddenly, a man wearing a white uniform came outside the car and came towards her.

"Ma'am, Sir has asked me to drop you," the driver said.

Shehnaaz realized, he was the same man who had dropped Sidharth and her at work when Sidharth had offered her a lift.

"No. Thanks. Tell your sir I can go by myself " she said.

"Ma'am, please. If you don't then, I might just lose my job" sighed the driver.

How much ever furious she gets. Shehnaaz will never wish bad for anyone. Even if it was her enemy but, here it was someone who was innocent. She agreed and sat into the car and left to go home.

Sidharth smiled as he saw her going back home safely from the window of his cabin. He had asked the driver to give him a call, once he dropped her safely at her place.

Shehnaaz was extremely angry but, at the same time, she was a little happy since she at least knew that he still cared for her. Maybe this is how it was meant to be she thought.

< Next Day at work >

Rhea, Ahaan, Samira, Shehnaaz and Sidharth were in the conference room discussing upon a serious matter.

"I had spoken to their CEO a week back after that we haven't received any response from them," said Ahaan.

"They replied yesterday with an email agreeing to our contract but, still asking a week's time to begin " added Samira.

"We need to tell them to have transparency. They can't keep going on and off like it's their own private relationship " said Shehnaaz while sneakily looking at Sidharth.

" It's not about transparency. We can not expect them to jump to conclusions, they are a reputed company, they also want to make sure, nothing causes harm to our company as well as theirs " said Sidharth while looking at Shehnaaz.

"If they are so reputed and they think low of us then why did they sign the contract in the first place," said Shehnaaz looking back at Sidharth.

This was no longer a conference room discussion. Sidharth and Shehnaaz had converted it into a personal battle. Sidharth was about to speak something but, Rhea interrupted.

"Relax Guys, We will wait for a week and then see what they do. If their behaviour still remains the same then we will put our point of view forward. "said Rhea.

Everyone left the conference room and proceeded towards their respective places.

While walking.

"What's Happening" asked Ahaan to Sidharth.

"What," said Sidharth maintaining a poker face.

" Between you and Shehnaaz," said Ahaan.

"What's Happening?" said Sidharth pretending to be clueless.

"Shut up. I saw how you guys were taunting each other during the meeting. Did you guys have a fight ?" asked Ahaan curiously.

"Not Really," said Sidharth as tried to act busy.

"Oh please. speak up Sid," said Ahaan.

"Okay. So we both knew we liked each other" said Sidharth.

"Alright.  Go on...." said Ahaan.

"So today when I came for work she left a note under my laptop which had a sweet message and she told she liked me," said Sidharth.

"Aww, that's so sweet. So what's the problem?" asked Ahaan curiously.

"I threw the note in the bin. I guess she saw that" said Sidharth.

"What the ..." before Ahaan could complete.

"Fuck" completed Rhea.

"Sid, don't do this 'I don't want to hurt her' bullshit again," said Rhea while making a fed-up face at him.

"It's not bullshit. It's valid" said Sidharth.

" How the hell is it valid. You love her. She loves you still you'll are playing the like-like game. To top it you are ignoring her now? are you in your senses ?" said Ahaan

"I'm completely in my senses. Oh and thank you Tina" said Sidharth as Tina walked in with cartridge papers for painting.

"What are you going to paint now?" said Rhea being shocked.

"He always paints when he is upset," said Ahaan.

"And for how long? You are wasting this bunch of cartridge papers for 2-3 days of sadness in your happening life," said Rhea being pissed at him for being rude to Shehnaaz.

"Rhea, please.
a. Cartridge papers don't come with an expiry date.
b. I know what I'm doing " said Sidharth.

"Bro. Instead of boasting your one-liners in front of us go and speak to Shehnaaz," said Ahaan.

Suddenly, they hear a knock at the door. It was Shehnaaz.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey Guys, I hope you'll like this chapter.

GOOD NEWS: I'll be writing this story a little longer and not end it at 30 :)

I've been working hard at each and every chapter and putting my best foot forward so that you'll like my story. So I'm hoping you'll do♡

Do vote, comment, and share if you like this chapter. Inline comments will be appreciated.

See you'll with a new chapter.

Lots of Love❤