19. Do you like me?

"Umm, actually I wouldn't mind but, I'll just go & get my self a drink," said Sidharth as he tried to dodge Kaira.

Sidharth didn't want to infuriate Shehnaaz any more. He just wanted to be with her.

As Sidharth moved towards Shehnaaz. He thought he didn't want to ask her in the most cliched way. So goes and stands near her.

"How's it for you at the party," he said while looking at Shehnaaz for her reaction.

"Amazing," she says while smiling back.

"So..." said Sidharth.

"Sure," said Shehnaaz.

"wait you knew what I was going to ask for," said Sidharth while being amused.

"Of course. You thought let's not be cliche and ask her to dance with me, so you strike a conversation" said Shehnaaz with a smirk.

" You know to be really well," said Sidharth as he smiled and offered his hand to take her to the dance floor.

This thing was witnessed by Kaira.

//

KAIRA 'S POV:

Sidharth refused me and he went dancing with that I.T engineer. Like seriously?. I'm sorry Ms Shehnaaz Kaur Gill you'll have to face the consequences for it now. It's my childhood habit. I always make things work my way.

//

Meanwhile, Sidharth & Shehnaaz were dancing. A slow love song played in the background. But, romantic dance and them? Aha not so soon. They were both scared and stuck at the same old term " We are JUST friends ".

"Don't you think Kaira is staring at the two of us?" said Shehnaaz as she had placed her one hand on his shoulder and tightly hold on the other one with his hand.

"It's all in your head," says Sidharth as he smirks while admiring jealous face.

"Really is that what you think ? " says Shehnaaz as they continue conversing and dancing slowly.

" Even if she is how do you care, we are just best friends right? " said Sidharth.

"of course, I do. I feel conscious. It's weird to have a girl like her stare at you at all times " said Shehnaaz.

"And how do you know, weren't you staring her back, oops sorry I mean observing" smugged Sidharth.

"Haha. I didn't find it funny" said Shehnaaz.

"it was enough to make you fake laugh at least, "said Sidharth as he continued to annoy her.

"Well, I'm sure you observe Karan a lot right? Right back at you " said Shehnaaz as she smirked.

Sidharth was speechless. Shehnaaz was the only person who could easily shut his mouth. But, this time for a change Sidharth decided to speak the truth.

"I don't observe. I'm just being careful" said Sidharth.

"And why are you doing that," said Shehnaaz as she tried to irk Sidharth.

"Because I care for you," said Sidharth in a little louder voice.

"And why do you care for me," said Shehnaaz wishing he would say he loves her.

"It's because I like you, you idiot," said Sidharth.

//
SIDHARTH'S POV:

And that's how I said it. I just said it when I didn't have the least intention in doing so. It just slipped off my heart as if it was waiting on my tongue to tell her.

I could see her expression change gradually. The cute pout on her face that she made out of anger disappeared and a smile on her lips with a little blush appeared.
"Did you just call me an idiot?" she said. I smiled in relief and laughed along with her. Only she had the power to turn such an intense conversation into a hilarious one.

We both didn't speak anything for 30 seconds. Before, could begin to speak.

//

"Do you like me?" she asked in a little calmer and genuine tone.

" I mean obviously. I love you. You're my best friend. " said Sidharth as he tried to cover up the statement he just made.

"Oh yes of course," said Shehnaaz with a fake smile and a disappointment on her face.

The music ended as they left the hands of each other and moved away.

Sidharth longed to hold her cotton soft hands. Shehnaaz could dance with him all night long. Both of them wished the time stopped and the dance never ended. But, of course only if that was possible.

As the party ended and everyone was seeing off each other. Rhea, Ahaan, Karan, Kaira, Shehnaaz & Sidharth stood together as they were the last ones to leave.

"It was an amazing night guys. Good night!" said Rhea clinging on to Karan as she was only half of her senses.

"Yes it was indeed," said Sidharth as he smiled and stolen a glance at Shehnaaz.

" Of course Sidharth. I'm sure you had a great time on the dance floor" said Ahaan as he teased him.

Sidharth gave him a death glare. While Ahaan still wanted to continue it.

"I'm sure you had a great time too," said Ahaan while looking at Shehnaaz.

"Umm...me..uhh.. yes, of course, I had a great time," said Shehnaaz as immediately after that she bit her inner cheek to control her blush.

"I'll make sure you have a great time at work tomorrow too. " thought Kaira to herself while she had a devilish smirk on her face.

< Next Day, at work >

"How did they know about our internal costings," said Sidharth to Ahaan.

"It has to be someone from the office," said Ahaan.

"Now the collaborators know our costing. Now will obviously raise their rates since they know we need this project" said Sidharth while being furious.

"I have found out who it is," said Ahaan.

"Who is the traitor," said Sidharth.

" Shehnaaz," said Ahaan while looking down with disappointment.

"It's not possible. Shehnaaz could be many things but, never a traitor " said Sidharth while defending Shehnaaz.

"But, the fax number from which the fax has been sent is Shehnaaz's number," said Ahaan.

"You think Shehnaaz would be dumb enough to send the fax from her own number? she is being targeted " said Sidharth.

" But who could be doing this?" said Ahaan.

"As per the office rules Shehnaaz has to be suspended since she is a suspect". said Sidharth.

While Shehnaaz was standing at the door and she heard nothing but, the last statement made by Sidharth.

"How could you think so low of me Sidharth," said Shehnaaz with her eyes filled with tears.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey Guys, I hope you'll like this Chapter.

Keep commenting as you'll always do. The comments really keep me motivated to keep writing more & more.

Do vote, comment and Share. Inline comments will be appreciated.

See you'll with a new chapter.