14. You are my Family

"How does it matter to you," said Shehnaaz.

"Of course it does," said Sidharth.

"I don't think so. You have been ignoring my calls and text for more than a week. Moreover, you have been very rude and formal to me at work too" said Shehnaaz as she ranted in anger.

" Oh God, why are you so stubborn," said Sidharth.

" Please, now you shut up and answer my questions " ordered Shehnaaz.

Looking at the intensity of her anger. Sidharth had no choice but, to given.

" Can I ask you something?" said Shehnaaz after she calmed herself a little bit.

"Of course you can," said Sidharth.

"Why were you ignoring me Sidharth," asked Shehnaaz.

"Because you'll have a lot of options," said Sidharth.

"Why would say something like that. In what context are you saying this" asked Shehnaaz.

" In the context of people," said Sidharth.

Shehnaaz still wanted him to elaborate it. She wanted to know what and how he felt.

"Right now, I'm your best friend but, ahead in life, there is much more just than the office. Right now you are pre-occupied with a lot of work and you are always around me so I'm close to you but, once the workload reduces as the project commences you'll be able to meet more people, they would be of your age, you'll be able to relate to them better than you do with me," said Sidharth with almost a teary eye with a fear of losing Shehnaaz away from him was visible to her.

"Why would you think something like that Sidharth. If you tell me right now that you are with me. I won't even consider anyone else ever " said Shehnaaz.

"Consider as in" Sidharth was curious to know what were her feelings for him.

"Like a best friend, "said Shehnaaz as she tried to cover up the words she spoke extra in the flow but, which was very much the truth.

The word "Best friend " as much as they both hated that word now. They loved it as well, as they both used to cover it up.

"Your my family Sidharth," said Shehnaaz.

"Family Matlab. You take me as your brother?" asked Sidharth as he was insecure. He needed constant assurance from her that he was special to her than compared to her other guy friends.

"No are you mad? I don't know how I explain it to you. You're my family. I live alone in Mumbai. Since I have come here I haven't trusted anyone but, I trusted you. You aren't my boyfriend but, you aren't even just a friend. You are more than that to me " said Shehnaaz as she indirectly wanted to assure him that she was there with always. She too feared to lose him.

As much as she would like to be vocal about her feelings, she wanted him to make the first move. She too wanted assurance. She was petrified even at thought or idea of them not being able to talk again.

There was silence for 5 minutes as they both soaked in that they were both important to each other. They were special to each other than they considered any other guy/girl.

"And about the age. I feel age is just a number. And to be honest you don't look a day older than 25". she said to lighten up the mood.

"Should I be taking it as a compliment?" said Sidharth as he smiled at her.

"Is there any other way to take as well?" said Shehnaaz as she smiled back.

"So now you'll talk to me na?" said Shehnaaz.

" Haha yes," said Sidharth as he smiled at her innocence.

"Okay. You don't even know what you have missed upon since, a week. I have so much to tell you" said Shehnaaz.

"I don't know about other things but, I have definitely missed you throughout the week " murmured Sidharth to himself.

"Huh, you said something, " asked Shehnaaz as she didn't clearly hear what she said.

"No nothing you heard something?" he asked.

"I felt you told something. Anyways you know....." before Shehnaaz could complete the sentence, Rhea came there.

"Guys what are you'll doing here inside, come on out, everyone's playing 21 dares," said Rhea as she pulled Sidharth and asked Shehnaaz to join in too.

Finally, Sidharth and Shehnaaz could breathe freely. Shehnaaz has somewhere realised that their age gap between them made Sidharth a little insecure about her. She had given him assurance once and she didn't mind giving that assurance to him time & again of what he meant to her.

They both thought it was early to already confess what they both felt for each other. As within themselves, they knew, that this wasn't just any regular relationship they were falling in. This was a connection that they both longed for and needed it for life.

Both of them didn't mind waiting for the correct time. Till both their insecurities and other problems were sorted because they knew this connection just felt right.

"And woah the bottles up on Sidharth, I dare you to......" said Rhea.

" To sing a song, here's the guitar. Remember you use to play it so well in college " said Ahaan before Rhea could complete the sentence.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey Guys, This was one of the most awaited updates as you'll comment on the previous one. The response I'm getting is fab and overwhelming.

I hope I didn't disappoint you all. I really hope you'll like this chapter. Do vote, comment and share. Inline comments will be appreciated.

Also do let me know if you'll have any feedbacks or storyline ideas you'll like to happen ahead.

See you'll tomorrow with a new chapter. 🥰