11. In my life , forever?

Next at work was a hectic day. Sidharth and Shehnaaz had put in all their time and efforts in the upcoming project. It was 5 p.m. and they had finished their work for the day. They were all exhausted. So Sidharth decided that everyone working on the new project could leave the office 2 hours early.

As it had become a routine. Sid and Shehnaaz were going back to their respective houses together in Sid's car. Suddenly,  as they entered Shehnaaz's house lane, they had stopped, on enquiring why they couldn't go ahead they found out that a tree had fallen down and blocked the road. So they were asked to go the other way round.

Shehnaaz insisted that she could get down and go walking as her house for 10 minutes and if they went by the car from the other side it would have taken much longer.

As they are walking, Sidharth randomly asks Shehnaaz about her love story if she had any. Shehnaaz quickly said "No".

"Don't tell me, you're 27 and you haven't dated anyone yet?" said Sidharth.

"No, of course, I have dated but, I don't call it a love story," said Shehnaaz.

"What do you mean " asked Sidharth being clueless.

"I'll explain," said Shehnaaz as she went a little ahead of Sidharth to show him a flower while explaining it to him.

Sidharth was looking at her when suddenly, a car in full speed comes and hits Shehnaaz.

Sidharth couldn't just believe what happened, he immediately ran towards her. Shehnaaz was lying unconscious. He tried stopping the car but, wasn't successful in doing so.

Sidharth's car was 10 minutes away but, he couldn't leave Shehnaaz just like that. He immediately called his family doctor and to the hospital for an ambulance. The doctor asked Sidharth to not let Shehnaaz completely lose her consciousness and keep her awake until the ambulance arrives.

"Shehnaaz gets up, you can't keep your eyes shut. Look at me, talk to me" said Sidharth as he was petrified to lose her.

Shehnaaz opened her eyes but, was too weak and injured to get up.

"Talk to me, you were explaining it to me na," said Sidharth as he forced Shehnaaz to keep her eyes open and conscious.

"Yes I was saying.." said Shehnaaz as she was trying hard to talk.

Luckily, in time the ambulance arrived and Shehnaaz reached the hospital. The Doctor checked Shehnaaz and immediately, began with cleaning her wounds. For two hours straight, he didn't come out.

Sidharth waited outside being restless by then he had informed Ahaan and Samira about it and they had reached there.

Sidharth was extremely tensed and almost into tears as Shehnaaz was inside. He prayed for everything to be alright. Soon the doctor came out.

"Shehnaaz is out of danger. She has fractured her one hand. Luckily,  she was kept conscious and brought to the hospital on time. You'll meet her once she is awake " said the Doctor.

Sidharth finally took a deep breath in relief. He ran inside along with Samira and Ahaan inside the room to only find Shehnaaz smiling at him.

"You're feeling better right," said Sidharth.

Shehnaaz smiled and nodded her head.

Samira immediately hugged Shehnaaz with a teary eye while Ahaan stood there with a smile.

"Shehnaaz I'm moving to your house for a week now. It will be difficult for you to manage everything by yourself," said Samira.

"No, it's alright. I'll manage," said Shehnaaz.

"It's not Alright,  you're injured Samira is right. She will live with you until you are better," said Sidharth in a dominating tone as he was extremely concerned for her.

Sidharth insisted on living the night there in the hospital with Shehnaaz as the next day she was supposed to be discharged. They both couldn't talk much as the Shehnaaz was on medication and she went to sleep.

Sidharth says there on the sofa while staring her as she was sleeping. In all this time Sidharth realised how much Shehnaaz meant to him. His heart thudded with the thought of losing her. He wanted to be there beside her all the time and protect her from everything possibly he could. Sidharth was finally,  gradually realizing that he was in love with Shehnaaz. He didn't know if she loved him back that way or only considered him to be her best friend but, now he knew by hook or by crook,  he wanted Shehnaaz in his life whether it would be as a best friend from her side but, he was sure, he loved her.

Morning 8:00 a.m. :

Shehnaaz woke up. Immediately,  there was a huge smile on her face as she saw Sidharth cutely sleeping on the sofa opposite her bed. She felt grateful for having someone like him in her life. Someone who cared for her so much. He was always there for her. She recollected how Sid tried to keep her conscious until, the ambulance arrived and she figured out he was at the hospital the entire time since, yesterday as he was in the same clothes as he had worn the previous day.

She wanted to him that she loved him a lot. She took him much more than just her best friend. As much as she wanted to tell him and wanted to ask him if he felt the same for her, she was scared if he didn't and their friendship would get all ruined. She decided she will give him his space and time. Since she wanted him to be in her life forever even if it was as a best friend. She couldn't afford to lose such a precious person in her life.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey Guys, Thanks a ton for such an amazing response. 2K + reads already,  it means the world to me.

Keep supporting. If you'll like this chapter do vote, comment and share my story. Inline comments would be appreciated.

I hope you'll like this chapter.
See you'll tomorrow with a new chapter. ❤